The Mario Kart 8 Friends List Thread!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ZetaX1

Postby ZetaX1 » June 12th, 2014, 6:46 pm

[QUOTE=Atarifever] You can voice chat only in the lobby (with or without a headset) and never, ever during a race no matter what your setup. [/QUOTE]

So, is the "lobby" when your little Miis are standing around, waiting for everyone to pick a track?  Is there an icon on the gamepad screen or a button you push?  It didn't exactly seem to be spelled-out anywhere...

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 12th, 2014, 7:05 pm

By the way, who was crowned the grand champion?

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » June 12th, 2014, 7:58 pm

[QUOTE=videogamecritic]By the way, who was crowned the grand champion?[/QUOTE]

It just did not work out that way, because people got added a little at a time do only 3 people were in it for the whole tourney.

So really no definitive result, just a bunch of fun races.

If we could get a bunch of people in right away, would really be a fun time.

ZetaX1

Postby ZetaX1 » June 12th, 2014, 9:32 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious][QUOTE=videogamecritic]By the way, who was crowned the grand champion?[/QUOTE]

It just did not work out that way, because people got added a little at a time do only 3 people were in it for the whole tourney.

So really no definitive result, just a bunch of fun races.

If we could get a bunch of people in right away, would really be a fun time.

[/QUOTE]

Don't be modest. Ya done good!

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » June 13th, 2014, 3:56 pm

Yeah, SegaT handily won.  I don't think it was a competition unless you count who came in second or third.

So, you can't chat during a race?

That's weird.  Talking with friends and asking what beer you're having is half the point of gaming online.  [wink]

I guess you get what you pay for when it comes to being online with Nintendo.  [tongue]

a1

Postby a1 » June 13th, 2014, 5:12 pm

[QUOTE=ActRaiser]Yeah, SegaT handily won.  I don't think it was a competition unless you count who came in second or third.

That's weird.  Talking with friends and asking what beer you're having is half the point of gaming online.  [wink]

I guess you get what you pay for when it comes to being online with Nintendo.  [tongue][/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's pretty dumb you cant talk to friends. Nintendo needs to do an update to the game to allow that. They are awful at online. Love the game but not having a great experience online

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » June 13th, 2014, 5:39 pm

[QUOTE=ActRaiser]Yeah, SegaT handily won.  I don't think it was a competition unless you count who came in second or third.

I guess you get what you pay for when it comes to being online with Nintendo.  [tongue][/QUOTE]
I've heard the theory that it's two birds with one stone.
1) Nintendo likes to limit interaction anyway, to keep people from having private conversations with children on their network. This makes that a lot harder.

2) This introduces, at minimum, a 10 second or so delay between an event happening and when you can talk about it. That "cool down" period converts [racist expletive] to "you got lucky there dude."

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » June 13th, 2014, 7:43 pm

To be honest, I never thought about voice chatting with anyone. I wish you could write your own messages to prompt up, that would make me happy. But it is fine the way it is.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » June 16th, 2014, 10:16 pm

Anyone else uploading to youtube yet?  I had trouble with the first attempts and for some reason they never did go up (maybe something to do with the network issues the first few days).  Anyway, I got one up tonight and am uploading one from an online game I had with my sister right now (she'll get a kick out of that, because it's one she won).  Here's one from earlier tonight.  I've started to play Ludwig (the only Koopa I can ever remember the name of).  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnwbSYO7f1k

I gotta start looking for Luigi Death Stares in mine.  [smile]

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » June 17th, 2014, 12:01 pm

So, shall we set up a tournament for tomorrow night (Wednesday)?

If so, I have a suggestion: let's not make it team-based. That way there won't be any imbalance and whoever stays the longest has the highest scoring potential. 

What time works best for you all? I assume we're all in different time zones, so that might be something worth considering. I personally get off work at 7PM CST. What time are you guys available?

Return to “Modern Gaming”