How do the mods know what gamnes I have played?

General and high profile video game topics.
Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » July 5th, 2014, 4:17 pm

[QUOTE=HardcoreSadism]You talk about "Dudebro", but flesh out the same, unfunny Ass.Creed vitriol. Your humor comes straight out of a Captain Underpants issue.

Hardware firms borrow assets from their competition, it's called research and development, not 'ripping off'.

Sockpuppet's definition of Generic:

iPhone gameplay

Any third party developer

[/QUOTE]

Uh-huh.

Third party Wii U games I have recommend to the board  :

Shovel Knight
Castle Storm
The Cave
Unepic
Tank Tank Tank
Swords and Soldiers
Skylanders
The only game I can remeeber as calling out for iphone gameplay was Ryse - the games built on QTE's? - there was an article from Kotaku about it, and I posted it. So sorry you were offended.....

By the way, mods, it is not a 'majority' of users that come after me, it is the same half dozen. Just post your own opinions, dude, no one is stopping you.....

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » July 5th, 2014, 7:06 pm

Offended? How can I be offended? I'm beside myself in laughter when you use Conan as an example in a debate.

weallmissedme1

Postby weallmissedme1 » July 5th, 2014, 10:13 pm

.....Hardcore..........I actually enjoyed Captain Underpants.....

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » July 5th, 2014, 10:55 pm

Well nostalgia helps, but yeah you can't blow any other media off as immature if anything you enjoyed/still enjoy involved potty humor.

Yes I still have the books, but they haven't aged well as I got earlier copies. Later copies were manufactured a LOT better.

Tron1

Postby Tron1 » July 6th, 2014, 1:47 am

The mods can decide what is appropriate & what is not. The mods can tell the difference from posts that are assaultive vs. tolerable. The mods can silence & the mods can allow. With such great power & ability why be surprised that they know what games you've played?

velcrozombie1

Postby velcrozombie1 » July 6th, 2014, 6:33 pm

I'm normally OK with most of what Segatarious posts. Even if I don't always agree with it, he usually has solid thinking behind his opinions.

However, in the thread Reasons Why Game Stories Cannot Resonate he did say something that really bothered me. Mozart brought up Shadow of the Colossus and Silent Hill 2 as examples of storytelling in games. Sega actually watched and played SotC, and while I clearly like the game a lot more than he does he had a few valid things to say.

His response to Silent Hill 2? "I could wathc Silent Hill on Youtube, but why bother?"

As a Silent Hill fan, that really bummed me out. It would be different if he'd simply said that he wasn't personally interested, or that he didn't care for survival horror, or that what he'd seen of the series looked unappealing - anything, really. Instead, he dismissed a whole series without even a look - something that he says he doesn't do. I normally have a lot of respect for Sega, but that wasn't his finest hour.

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » July 6th, 2014, 6:46 pm

I can't muster up any sort of respect for Sega at all after all the times he's dissed anyone who dares to actually like Microsoft or Sony over Nintendo.

Dogtanian1

Postby Dogtanian1 » July 7th, 2014, 7:45 am

I think that not only does Segatarious actually post some insightful and interesting stuff, he does get a bit of a raw deal. It seems that there are a few posters who will find any excuse to criticise him, and actually I don't believe he responds with anything like the level of vitriol that he receives. That is to his credit. Maybe he is a glutton for punishment, but I know that I wouldn't be able to take the level of criticism he does. This would suggest that he genuinely believes in the point he is trying to make.

Clearly he isn't perfect by any means, and there is an unnecessary amount of bias and repetition. But let's face it, his posts probably get more direct replies than anyone else and some of his theories are sound. I think that he besides his merits (or lack thereof) he has been serving an important role as a scapegoat for the board. I'm sure that all of us here are reasonable enough people that this doesn't have to degenerate to bullying. What options are there? Banning doesn't work, shouting him down doesn't work. I hope that he can begin to exercise a little more discretion and begin proofreading/censoring himself, and then he could quickly become one of the best contributors to this board. I don't believe it is necessary for him to divert from his pro-Nintendo stance, but a little more objectivity would certainly be welcomed.

So Segatarious, try to take this and some of the other posts here as encouragement. We like what you're doing, but just want you to do it slightly differently. I'm pretty sure that would make things easier for you, too.

Steve1

Postby Steve1 » July 7th, 2014, 12:44 pm

I don't think anyone minds the Pro Nintendo stance because most people can appreciate them for what they do, even non-Nintendo players. I think what gets annoying and frustrating to people like me (heavy reader/light contributor) is the negativity towards Microsoft, Sony, mobile gaming, specific games like Assassin's Creed, etc. Even a forum thread like "Crytek in trouble" is a thinly veiled shot at Microsoft (although that will be argued and defended). It can be argued "I'm just posting a news article about a studio in trouble" but I think it is fair to say most people can see comments like that for what it really is, a news article about a studio that made a Microsoft exclusive is in trouble".

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » July 7th, 2014, 2:00 pm

[QUOTE=Steve]

I don't think anyone minds the Pro Nintendo stance because most people can appreciate them for what they do, even non-Nintendo players. I think what gets annoying and frustrating to people like me (heavy reader/light contributor) is the negativity towards Microsoft, Sony, mobile gaming, specific games like Assassin's Creed, etc. Even a forum thread like "Crytek in trouble" is a thinly veiled shot at Microsoft (although that will be argued and defended). It can be argued "I'm just posting a news article about a studio in trouble" but I think it is fair to say most people can see comments like that for what it really is, a news article about a studio that made a Microsoft exclusive is in trouble".

[/QUOTE]

If Nintendo was having the troubles Crytek was having, it would be all over gaming.

With Crytek- it is barely covered - it has to come out as rumor and back hand sources.

Who is biased here? The game media. Not me. Crytek is a major player, and their games are held as a standard for graphics, and they are apparently in some serious trouble right now.

As far as a narrative, I would play this off as mobile vs console gaming, if anything. So, no, no real agenda on my part, it is a major story, even if it is not on the agenda of the news media to deliver this story to us.

Return to “Video Games General”