2014/7/8: Genesis: Aladdin, Forgotten Worlds, Galaxy Force II

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
goldenband1

Postby goldenband1 » July 9th, 2014, 2:08 pm

I appreciate the Galaxy Force II re-review. I've always thought it was underrated, and despite the graphical shortcomings I think it manages to be somewhat addictive. Doesn't hurt that it has great tunes, either, especially the first level "Beyond the Galaxy" theme which is like a miniature jazz fusion masterpiece.

Oh, and the answer to "How do you recharge?" is: you don't! Well, except for the bonus you get between stages. Your energy meter is really a time meter in all but name, and when you come down to it, the whole game is really a shooter version of Marble Madness.

BTW is there a minimum post count above which we no longer have to have our posts approved by a mod, or are all posts on the board always moderated? I figured I might get taken off auto-mod when my post count went over 50, but...

Orion1

Postby Orion1 » July 9th, 2014, 5:17 pm

Good reviews, though I would rate Forgotten Worlds an A+.  It's a floating Contra.  The controls work best if you only use one of the rotate buttons.  Love the music too, especially in that stage above the clouds; 16-bit bliss!

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » July 9th, 2014, 5:53 pm

[QUOTE=goldenband]
BTW is there a minimum post count above which we no longer have to have our posts approved by a mod, or are all posts on the board always moderated? I figured I might get taken off auto-mod when my post count went over 50, but...[/QUOTE]

Nope...

Return to “Review Feedback”