Crown Jewel of your collection?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » September 3rd, 2014, 3:48 pm

[QUOTE=Wallyworld]My most cherished item is my Original Xbox kiosk. Fits perfect in my game room and is dead sexy. This is perfect because I'm chasing a full north America original xbox game collection. Almost 800 different games titles. My two other favorite are Sega Genesis variations. One is the JVC X eye it is the American version of the Wondermega. A Sega CD/Genesis combo unit. The other is my modded Nomad with modern lcd screen and lithium battery pack. I have a ton of other items I love but I'll keep it to 3 per critics rules. Ok one last one.. I just picked up a star wars edition xbox 360 console cib. It's pretty sweet looking. Gonna keep this thing for just display. [/QUOTE]

Is the Sega CD/Genesis combo unit a CDX? Also, is the JVC X'eye in working condition? I would love to see pics! You have some cool stuff @.@

Wallyworld1

Postby Wallyworld1 » September 4th, 2014, 12:27 pm

[QUOTE=ptdebate][QUOTE=Wallyworld]My most cherished item is my Original Xbox kiosk. Fits perfect in my game room and is dead sexy. This is perfect because I'm chasing a full north America original xbox game collection. Almost 800 different games titles. My two other favorite are Sega Genesis variations. One is the JVC X eye it is the American version of the Wondermega. A Sega CD/Genesis combo unit. The other is my modded Nomad with modern lcd screen and lithium battery pack. I have a ton of other items I love but I'll keep it to 3 per critics rules. Ok one last one.. I just picked up a star wars edition xbox 360 console cib. It's pretty sweet looking. Gonna keep this thing for just display. [/QUOTE]

Is the Sega CD/Genesis combo unit a CDX? Also, is the JVC X'eye in working condition? I would love to see pics! You have some cool stuff @.@[/QUOTE]

The JVC X'eye is in perfect working condition. I was also able to hunt down 2 Genesis controllers with the JVC logo on them. I'll link some photos.

Wallyworld1

Postby Wallyworld1 » September 4th, 2014, 1:51 pm

OK I have resized my photos to fit here.

Here is the Xbox Kiosk, Xbox game collection around 500 unique titles. I added a photo of a NES top loader I picked up yesterday at a thrift store for $25. I added a pic of my JVC X'eye. I also attached a pic of my rarest item. It's a Black NES controller for the Sharp NES TV.  I still need over 200 Xbox titles to finish the collection but most cost under $10.

Thanks for your interest I love this stuff.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » September 4th, 2014, 3:14 pm

Thanks for posting, Wallyworld! Is that a boxed TRS-80 I see? That has to be rare. What made you decide to collect Xbox? Is it because not that many people choose that system and the games are relatively easy to find/not too numerous?

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » September 4th, 2014, 6:05 pm

I don't think I have anything too rare or expensive or really special at all. The only thing that comes to mind is my complete copy of Breath of Fire for SNES that I got a few years ago for $15. I just looked up the price for a complete copy now and I'm glad I got it when I did. I've got a preorder for the next reprint of Pier Solar for Genesis. That goes for some pretty insane prices on ebay so whenever I receive that, it'll be my crown jewel.

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » September 5th, 2014, 11:42 pm

Prior to selling off 85% of my collection last year, I would have to say that my most cherished possessions were:

-a CIB copy of Earthbound that I bought at a comic book store for $15 back in 2001.
-A mint copy of Snatcher for Sega CD
-Final Fantasy II and III (snes) mint.
-Two Atari Lynxes with 39 games CIB.
-A DS collection of 108 games CIB.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » September 6th, 2014, 10:55 pm

My Wii U hard drive of awesomeness.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » September 7th, 2014, 11:46 am

[QUOTE=Wallyworld]OK I have resized my photos to fit here.

Here is the Xbox Kiosk, Xbox game collection around 500 unique titles. I added a photo of a NES top loader I picked up yesterday at a thrift store for $25. I added a pic of my JVC X'eye. I also attached a pic of my rarest item. It's a Black NES controller for the Sharp NES TV.  I still need over 200 Xbox titles to finish the collection but most cost under $10.

Thanks for your interest I love this stuff.

[/QUOTE]

That's really cool. I've never seen anyone actually take one of those kiosks home with them. Do you play your xbox standing up? Or do you have a way to play sitting down? Still, your room looks awesome. Really awesome man.

MoarRipter1

Postby MoarRipter1 » September 7th, 2014, 5:28 pm

My most cherished console is my Sega Saturn. I got it brand new during the Xmas '96 "3 free games promo", got a few games and then sold it to a friend when I later got a N64. A few years after that I got it back from him in a trade for some computer parts at the same time he was getting rid of his older consoles. He had picked up extra accessories like a Pro Action Replay 4M Plus, Stunner, 6P Multitap, official memory cart, and a couple of EMS memory carts. Plus around twenty more games for it since I had owned it, some of which were what would come to be highly sought after Saturn titles such as Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Force III, Saturn Bomberman, and some later WD titles like Dragon Force, Albert Odyssey, and Magic Knights Rayearth. All with cases and manuals, all US versions. I've held onto the entire lot ever since as well as picked up more Saturn games and peripherals. One of the best parts is that after nearly 18 years the console still works great, I still have the original box and manuals, the white and black Saturn logo decals even. The original controller wore out years ago and sometimes the cartridge slot is finicky with reading the official memory cart. Otherwise the machine works fine after all of this time, even after I did some sloppy soldering to the PSU while installing a modchip. Long live the Saturn!

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » September 8th, 2014, 3:03 am

[url=http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=159396image.jpg][img]http://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_159396image.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=137815image.jpg][img]http://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_137815image.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=637838image.jpg][img]http://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_637838image.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=912951image.jpg][img]http://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_912951image.jpg[/img][/url]

My two sit down arcade machines. Known as candy cabs, they certainly qualify as crown jewels of my collection.. The first one is a Sega New Astro City, perfect for retro 2D arcade gaming, (Capcom CPS 1/2/3, SNK Neo Geo MVS, anything, really), while the second one, a Taito Vewlix, is a more modern machine, suited for HD gaming. Equipped this one with a second 'ultra slim' PS3 as well as a 360. I apologize for the pictures not being ideal, I'm not sure why they turned out that way, yet have been meaning to post a few pics of these beasts for quite some time now. Enjoy!^^

Return to “Classic Gaming”