Nausea icon?

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Nausea icon?

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 16th, 2014, 9:58 pm

I've noticed I could use a new icon for my reviews: May induce nausea!

It could come in useful for games that give me motion sickness, like the new Wolfenstein, or games that are just unbearable, like Roadsters.

What icon would work?  A barf bag maybe?  I'm looking for ideas.

Weekend_Warrior1

Nausea icon?

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » September 16th, 2014, 10:33 pm

Naw. I don't believe it would be beneficial in anyway. Only a select number of people suffer from things like motion sickness. And I believe the vast majority of games available don't give people any problems.

snakeboy1

Nausea icon?

Postby snakeboy1 » September 16th, 2014, 10:42 pm

[QUOTE=Weekend_Warrior]Naw. I don't believe it would beneficial in anyway. Only a select number of people suffer from things like motion sickness. And I believe the vast majority of games available don't give people any problems. [/QUOTE]

Just because it wouldn't benefit everyone doesn't mean it wouldn't be beneficial at all.  For those who do experience motion sickness, it would be really beneficial.  They can at least be warned that a game might make them sick before they go out and possibly waste their money on it.

HardcoreSadism1

Nausea icon?

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » September 16th, 2014, 11:04 pm

A quirky Biohazard logo in a Chartreuse hue.

Ozzybear1

Nausea icon?

Postby Ozzybear1 » September 16th, 2014, 11:36 pm

a lil head with stars around it ?

Weekend_Warrior1

Nausea icon?

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » September 17th, 2014, 12:24 am

[QUOTE=snakeboy][QUOTE=Weekend_Warrior]Naw. I don't believe it would beneficial in anyway. Only a select number of people suffer from things like motion sickness. And I believe the vast majority of games available don't give people any problems. [/QUOTE]

Just because it wouldn't benefit everyone doesn't mean it wouldn't be beneficial at all.  For those who do experience motion sickness, it would be really beneficial.  They can at least be warned that a game might make them sick before they go out and possibly waste their money on it.[/QUOTE]Just because one person has issues playing a game, that doesn't automatically mean that you will have those same issues.

snakeboy1

Nausea icon?

Postby snakeboy1 » September 17th, 2014, 2:43 am

[QUOTE=Weekend_Warrior][QUOTE=snakeboy][QUOTE=Weekend_Warrior]Naw. I don't believe it would beneficial in anyway. Only a select number of people suffer from things like motion sickness. And I believe the vast majority of games available don't give people any problems. [/QUOTE]

Just because it wouldn't benefit everyone doesn't mean it wouldn't be beneficial at all.  For those who do experience motion sickness, it would be really beneficial.  They can at least be warned that a game might make them sick before they go out and possibly waste their money on it.[/QUOTE]Just because one person has issues playing a game, that doesn't automatically mean that you will have those same issues. [/QUOTE]

That's true - what may cause severe motion sickness for one person might cause only slight or no sickness at all for someone else.  But that's kind of the point - you don't really know what kind of reaction you'll have.  So, if I'm someone who is susceptible to motion sickness, I would appreciate a heads-up that a game might make me sick.  The icon would be sort of a warning that you should try it before you buy it.

Verm1

Nausea icon?

Postby Verm1 » September 17th, 2014, 4:14 am

The problem is that different people may get motion sickness from different motions/games?

I admit that I've not looked into motion sickness as I don't experience it personally.

Sut1

Nausea icon?

Postby Sut1 » September 17th, 2014, 6:39 am

I wouldn't say it's worthwhile, it might be personally to you but not the masses.
Where would you stop ?
Games that give you eye strain ?
Games that make your hands ache ?
Games with strobe effects ?
Games that give you a headache ?
Games with water effects that might make you want to pee ?

Personally I don't think it's a good idea.

nesfan1

Nausea icon?

Postby nesfan1 » September 17th, 2014, 8:31 am

Why does the icon have to benefit anyone in the first place? There's a "may contain cheese" icon, for Pete's sake. Who does that benefit?

Return to “Video Games General”