Super Mario Bros.

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
ActRaiser1

Super Mario Bros.

Postby ActRaiser1 » November 10th, 2014, 6:35 pm

[QUOTE=Jon]Well, I just beat every level including the extra levels without dying. It feels great. That was a lot of well timed jumps, lol.[/QUOTE]

That is one awesome feat.

There is no way I could ever do that.  Congrats!

Jon1

Super Mario Bros.

Postby Jon1 » November 10th, 2014, 8:38 pm

Thank you. There's nothing like the feeling you've mastered a game. 

Herschie

Re: Super Mario Bros.

Postby Herschie » December 10th, 2018, 6:21 pm

This game never gets old. You know, I would have to say that it is the most influential game of all time. Me, I remember seeing this at my friend's house when I was a kid, and after much whining and nagging, they finally gave me the controller. We were obsessed with this game, putting question marks on cardboard boxes, making that noise every time we'd jump, me drawing Mario characters in school. Doing magic mushrooms...oh wait, that was high school. Ok, kidding, I never touched any of that stuff in my life. I'm good with my whiskey.

For some reason, I was always obsessed with smashing the bricks. I got so disappointed when I got to a castle, saw all them bricks, only to find out that I couldn't smash any of them! My dad would always tell me to quit crying, but he never did understand the brick situation. Bricks are life!

I'm going to look for some hacks to this so that I can get some different levels. I know, I do have Mario Maker, but the physics are different, and most of the levels are trash.

DrLitch

Re: Super Mario Bros.

Postby DrLitch » December 12th, 2018, 10:06 pm

Related to Mario, whats up with all the hate for number 2? Is it just fashionable to hate it? I remember playing it as a kid and loving it. Recently gave it another go and enjoyed it all the same. Not the best Mario game, sure, but bad or average? No idea what goes in some folks drink. Mario 3 may be a shoe in for my favorite Mario game. I liked SMW as well but might prefer #3 to it.

Return to “Now Playing”