Persona 5 trailer

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
velcrozombie1

Persona 5 trailer

Postby velcrozombie1 » February 6th, 2015, 6:35 am

Haven't yet played any of the Persona games myself (although I have Persona 3 on my PS3), but this is a cool-looking trailer and I know there are plenty of Persona fans on the site:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc_9r4wifFc

nesfan1

Persona 5 trailer

Postby nesfan1 » February 6th, 2015, 10:07 am

I saw the trailer yesterday. I love the idea of being a normal high school student by day and a thief by night. I can't wait to play it.

JWK1

Persona 5 trailer

Postby JWK1 » February 7th, 2015, 2:57 pm

I also saw this a couple of days ago. I'm beyond hyped for this. I recently put persona 3 and 4 in my top 20 favorite games of all time and even with big AAA games coming this year like Uncharted 4, Witcher 3 and Batman Arkham Knight, Persona 5 is definitely my most anticipated game of 2015.

I was a little worried when the first two trailers were just the anime cutscenes, but the actual in-game graphics are gorgeous (I'm assuming those are running on the PS4 and not the PS3) and the battle system looks interesting. The cover based stuff... WHAAAA?!?! Is that part of the gameplay?? Awesome!

Atarifever1

Persona 5 trailer

Postby Atarifever1 » February 8th, 2015, 4:38 pm

I don't have anything to play this one.  I've been considering Persona Q for 3DS as the trailer for it on the eSHop is the most Japanese thing in history (see below).  (I'm currently in Atlus mode, as I am really, really, really addicted to Etrian Odyssey IV right now).  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBsuchatbP0

JWK1

Persona 5 trailer

Postby JWK1 » February 8th, 2015, 8:58 pm

@Atari -- I need to play Persona Q, too. The SMT games generally get a pretty significant price drop on 3ds after about 6 months time, but I may not be able to wait that long. I loved both personas 3 & 4 and a game with characters from both is too enticing. You'll also be pleased to know that the first person dungeon crawling is taken straight from Etrian Odessey.

Add on top of that my desire to finish Q before Persona 5 comes out and I'll need to buy and play Persona Q soon. It will probably be the next 3DS game I play.

DaHeckIzDat1

Persona 5 trailer

Postby DaHeckIzDat1 » February 9th, 2015, 6:19 pm

I've been really interested in the Persona games for a long time, but I'm kind of a stickler for playing games in order. Does anyone know if I need to play the old games first, and if so are they all available on the Playstation Store for PS3? (I'd look myself but I haven't had a chance recently)

ptdebate1

Persona 5 trailer

Postby ptdebate1 » February 9th, 2015, 9:34 pm

[QUOTE=DaHeckIzDat]I've been really interested in the Persona games for a long time, but I'm kind of a stickler for playing games in order. Does anyone know if I need to play the old games first, and if so are they all available on the Playstation Store for PS3? (I'd look myself but I haven't had a chance recently)[/QUOTE]

You definitely don't have to play them in order. Only P2 parts 1 and 2 tell a continuous story. Persona 1 is a very rough game by today's standards and I don't recommend playing it until later. From what I gather about you, I'd say absolutely play 4 first.

JWK1

Persona 5 trailer

Postby JWK1 » February 10th, 2015, 3:05 pm

I definitely agree with pt about Persona 1. Persona 3 was my first and it was basically love at first site. After dumping 95 hours into it, I played the PSP version of Persona 1: Revelations, hoping it would provide something similar. It's a lot more like the SMT games on the Super Nintendo. It's obtuse and hardcore. I didn't find it fun and gave up after about 4 to 5 hours. Both halves of Persona 2 were MUCH improved over Persona 1. I would actually suggest that you don't play them in order. Start with either Persona 4 (golden if you have a Vita) or Persona 3 Portable (PSP). Branch out from there.

ptdebate1

Persona 5 trailer

Postby ptdebate1 » February 10th, 2015, 5:43 pm

Just as an addendum to what JWK said, you can also purchase Persona 3 and Persona 4 on PS3 via the PSN store if you'd prefer to play it that way.

DaHeckIzDat1

Persona 5 trailer

Postby DaHeckIzDat1 » February 12th, 2015, 12:26 am

What about the other Shin Megami Tensei games?  Are they worth playing or should I stick to Persona?
Also, sorry to keep derailing the conversation.  The trailer looks interesting, but having absolutely no knowledge about the games I can't really judge.  Maybe it's different if you know what you're looking at, but for a newcomer like me there didn't seem to be anything to tell me what the story will be about.

Return to “Modern Gaming”