2015/2/19: Wii U: NES Remix

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 20th, 2015, 3:53 pm

I made a few changes to the review based on Feedback by Leo.

First, the disc is called NES Remix Pack, and it contains both NES Remix 1 and NES Remix 2.  Also, the Super Luigi Bros. game is more than a mirrored Super Mario Bros.  Apparently Luigi can jump higher.  (thanks Leo)

Keep the feedback coming!

eneuman961

Postby eneuman961 » February 20th, 2015, 5:18 pm

I downloaded both NES Remixes a long time ago, and I would have enjoyed them a lot more if they consisted exclusively of the "mashup" challenges. Those actually are rather creative, but sadly the developers dedicated more attention to the "challenges" that involve doing things you already know how to do if you have any knowledge of NES games at all.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » February 20th, 2015, 5:43 pm

Hmmm... I disagreed quite a bit and gave the game a B+. It's a lot of fun and pretty addicting but if you have high hopes of actual ports of the games than you will be heavily disappointed. I agree that the game seems to want to subliminally tell the player to buy the games on the Virtual Console... Since I own all the real games (or at least most of them) I just boot them up my NES.

juhis8151

Postby juhis8151 » February 21st, 2015, 2:21 am

I have played both of the NES Remixes (If this plural is even correct), but I wouldn't give both of these editions D- grade based upon that these feel like glorified tutorials.

If I have to compare wacky antics in NES Remix to WarioWare games, I have to admit that these wacky filters and effects comes up a little shallow.

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » February 21st, 2015, 11:18 am

Hmm...Not sure if this review is one of the Critic's best efforts, and I'm not saying that because I disagree with the score.  First of all, I don't think the basic concept of the game is explained all that well.  The whole point is to complete each so-called demo as fast as possible and your time determines your rating.  Your ultimate goal is to achieve "rainbow stars" (i.e. the highest rating) for each level. Just completing each stage is really easy, but achieving the rainbow stars rating requires you do it almost flawlessly.  This concept is pretty important because it transforms "demos" into "challenges".

And secondly, where is the mention of the remix levels?   As Ron Burgundy would say, those are kind of a big deal.  I mean, the game is called NES Remix, isn't it?

Return to “Review Feedback”