The Derailment of the 3d Genre

General and high profile video game topics.
JWK1

Postby JWK1 » March 2nd, 2015, 3:58 pm

Mega Man X5 isn't an RPG. Neither is Strider 2, Symphony of the Night, Mega Man X4, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Gran Turismo, Syphon Filter, Resident Evil and few others-- all were mentioned in this thread. If you think those are all RPGs you are shockingly ignorant of gaming as a whole.

Now is there a 2D Jaguar game that looks as good as Mega Man X5? I'm waiting.

Jon1

Postby Jon1 » March 2nd, 2015, 4:54 pm

I can't continue arguing with people who are ignoring facts I present. There was never a 2d Jag game made with the information we know now that it didn't need to rely on a much less powerful processor. Even so, I checked out Mega Man X5 and I'd say Native looks significantly better.

Jon1

Postby Jon1 » March 2nd, 2015, 4:59 pm

Since no one can have a proper argument with me due to ignoring facts or making assumptions, I can't continue unless someone does so. I sincerely hope none of you are considering going to law school.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » March 2nd, 2015, 5:23 pm

Same to you friend. You need some social skills if you intend to defend someone as a lawyer. I hear it's even harder than presenting Native as the ultimate 2D tech no other system was able to touch.

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » March 2nd, 2015, 5:38 pm

[QUOTE=Jon]I can't continue arguing with people who are ignoring facts I present. There was never a 2d Jag game made with the information we know now that it didn't need to rely on a much less powerful processor. Even so, I checked out Mega Man X5 and I'd say Native looks significantly better.[/QUOTE]

You "checked it out?" So you looked at some footage, meaning you didn't know the game beforehand. Again, your ignorance on these issues you keep creating topics on is just astonishing. Either way, thank you for conceding that the Jaguar doesn't have a single 2D game that looks better than one rather hidden PS1 game; Mega Man X5. I rest my case. Perhaps we can all move on now.

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » March 2nd, 2015, 7:17 pm

[Quote=JWK]
I've played Suikoden every day for the last two weeks.[/QUOTE]

Hey, let's do something positive and constructive and turn this into a Suikoden II thread! (Mods, can you change the title to spite Jon? [tongue])

How have you been liking it so far? I'm not far yet but that intro sequence tugged on my heartstrings. The combat is remarkably fast and consistently enjoyable. It reminds me a little of SMT with its large parties.

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » March 2nd, 2015, 8:58 pm

[QUOTE=ptdebate][Quote=JWK]
I've played Suikoden every day for the last two weeks.[/QUOTE]

Hey, let's do something positive and constructive and turn this into a Suikoden II thread! (Mods, can you change the title to spite Jon? [tongue])

How have you been liking it so far? I'm not far yet but that intro sequence tugged on my heartstrings. The combat is remarkably fast and consistently enjoyable. It reminds me a little of SMT with its large parties.
[/QUOTE]

I haven't started II yet, but I'm about 8 hours into the original Suikoden. It's AWESOME. It really rides the line between 16-bit RPGs and the Final Fantasy VII era; almost like a transitional step in the genre. Everyone agrees that Suikoden II is better in every way and I. Can't. Wait.

Jon1

Postby Jon1 » March 2nd, 2015, 9:35 pm

I think that "ptdebate" has very little credibility after he said this game looked "really good".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GppCTw_6f6I

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » March 2nd, 2015, 9:50 pm

[QUOTE=Jon]Since no one can have a proper argument with me due to ignoring facts or making assumptions, I can't continue unless someone does so. I sincerely hope none of you are considering going to law school.[/QUOTE]
Well, as yet, you have entered Exhibit A, then forgot to explain what it was or how it relates to anything in the case, then said "I rest my case."  

I will ask again, what are you talking about?  The Jaguar is cleaner how? What is it, exactly, that later 2D lacks or adds that makes it less clean?  What have you been talking about with the talk of "digitized" images.  I don't want to argue with you; I want to have some idea what in the world you are talking about.  Please, please explain, please.

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » March 2nd, 2015, 9:58 pm

[QUOTE=Jon]I think that "ptdebate" has very little credibility after he said this game looked "really good".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GppCTw_6f6I

[/QUOTE]

Jon, the last thing you wanna do is attack someone else's credibility, seeing as yours is at rock bottom.

Return to “Video Games General”