Persona: Dancing All night
Zelda U
Persona 5
Uncharted 4 (hopefully) Star Wars: Battlefront
Persona 5
Mario Maker
Persona 5

[/QUOTE]
You're interested in Persona: Dancing All Night and Danganronpa Another Episode.  Know what you'd love?  Persona 5.  Have you heard of it?  [smile]

Dave1

Most Anticipated Games of 2015?

Postby Dave1 » March 2nd, 2015, 3:07 am

[QUOTE=Atarifever]
You're interested in Persona: Dancing All Night and Danganronpa Another Episode.  Know what you'd love?  Persona 5.  Have you heard of it?  [smile][/QUOTE]

NEVER. What is it? Another crappy, anime, part dating sim, part RPG game?

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » March 2nd, 2015, 9:46 am

Just actually saw the Persona 5 trailer last night with some friends. Love the heist/crime theme! 

SMT and Persona games are a huge event because they come so infrequently. There's been a 7-year gap since 4, and there was a 10-year gap between SMTIII and SMTIV. Atlus puts a ton of work into their games, unlike some developers these days...

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » March 2nd, 2015, 5:45 pm

I also can't wait to play Persona 5. And Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.
And also: - Rodea the Sky Soldier
- Star Fox
- Splatoon
- Zelda
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Under Night In-Birth
- Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
- The Awakened Fate Ultimatum
- Disgaea 5
- Omega Quintet
- Dragon Quest Heroes
- J-Stars Victory Versus
- Kingdom Hearts III
- Lord of Magna
- Puzzle + Dragons Z/P+D Mario Edition
- Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
- Hyperdimension Neptunia U
- Operation Abyss
- Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
There's a lot that I'm excited for this year. Unfortunately, a lot of them are for systems that I don't have yet. There's also Legend of Legacy, Bravely Second, and Fatal Frame V, all three of which have not been announced for a localisation but I think they've all got pretty good chances of coming over. Just a gut feeling.

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » March 3rd, 2015, 1:45 pm

Sniper elite Nazi zombie army.  I know this is not coming out for the wii u as it could not handle the graphical sophistication.
Sniper elite 3 game of the year edition.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » March 3rd, 2015, 3:15 pm

[QUOTE=nesfan]I also can't wait to play Persona 5. And Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.
And also: - Rodea the Sky Soldier
- Star Fox
- Splatoon
- Zelda
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Under Night In-Birth
- Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
- The Awakened Fate Ultimatum
- Disgaea 5
- Omega Quintet
- Dragon Quest Heroes
- J-Stars Victory Versus
- Kingdom Hearts III
- Lord of Magna
- Puzzle + Dragons Z/P+D Mario Edition
- Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
- Hyperdimension Neptunia U
- Operation Abyss
- Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
There's a lot that I'm excited for this year. Unfortunately, a lot of them are for systems that I don't have yet. There's also Legend of Legacy, Bravely Second, and Fatal Frame V, all three of which have not been announced for a localisation but I think they've all got pretty good chances of coming over. Just a gut feeling.[/QUOTE]

That's quite the list!

I had to Google a good number of those games.  I got to say you've got some pretty good tastes.  Very eclectic but fun.

Rodea the Sky Soldier looks to be pretty good.  And if the wiki is correct, first editions come with the unreleased Wii game.  I may have to pick that one up just because.

A number of your upcoming games are for the Vita, which got me thinking.  Is it just me or is the Vita considered a Japanese heavy system?  Kind of like how the PC Engine was primarily a Japanese heavy system?  It seems like most of the releases are geared toward JRPGs and other oddball genres (no offense).  For the record I started Danganronpa the other day.  I'm still not sure what to make of it.

It's a good time to be a video game fan!

ptdebate1

Postby ptdebate1 » March 3rd, 2015, 3:33 pm

The Vita is definitely a Japanese-heavy system. You have a lot of monster hunter clones (I mean this in a totally non-derogatory way as I love MH and all its imitators), JRPGs, and rhythm games coming from Japan and only infrequent major releases from the West--mainly smaller, indie games. The Vita is perfect for me as it is but if you're not into JRPGs, legacy PSP and PS1 content, and Anime-styled games, the Vita might be disappointing for you.

Oddball is actually a great word to use! I think that's why I love this system so much.

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » March 3rd, 2015, 6:35 pm

[QUOTE=ptdebate]The Vita is definitely a Japanese-heavy system. You have a lot of monster hunter clones (I mean this in a totally non-derogatory way as I love MH and all its imitators), JRPGs, and rhythm games coming from Japan and only infrequent major releases from the West--mainly smaller, indie games. The Vita is perfect for me as it is but if you're not into JRPGs, legacy PSP and PS1 content, and Anime-styled games, the Vita might be disappointing for you.

Oddball is actually a great word to use! I think that's why I love this system so much.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for convincing me not to buy it.  Great review.

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » March 4th, 2015, 2:26 am

[QUOTE=ActRaiser]Rodea the Sky Soldier looks to be pretty good.  And if the wiki is correct, first editions come with the unreleased Wii game.[/QUOTE]Only in Japan. It's being localized by NIS America and they haven't announced if they're going to localize the Wii version. They could but nothing's certain yet. We just know they're bringing over the Wii U and 3DS versions.

Speaking of Rodea, I saw a video earlier today showing off some of the gameplay including a boss fight. It looks pretty fun. http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/03/watch-rodea-the-sky-soldier-take-on-a-giant-flying-serpent-boss/

Captain_Crunch1

Postby Captain_Crunch1 » March 4th, 2015, 6:23 am

Not much... except for the recently announced "Plague of Shadows", a FREE (yes!) add-on for Shovel Knight.

Return to “Modern Gaming”