Battlefield Hardline

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Vexer1

Battlefield Hardline

Postby Vexer1 » March 15th, 2015, 3:20 am

Anyone else excited for this game?  I've been following this series since Bad Company and i'm really interested to see this series go in a non-military direction.

ptdebate1

Battlefield Hardline

Postby ptdebate1 » March 15th, 2015, 9:24 am

[QUOTE=Vexer]Anyone else excited for this game?  I've been following this series since Bad Company and i'm really interested to see this series go in a non-military direction.[/QUOTE]

The military trappings of prior Battlefield titles made the series not stick out very much for me--not saying they were bad by any means, I just didn't really give them a chance because I already have a go-to military-themed shooter (Call of Duty) and a big-team, chaotic-vehicle-destruction style game (Halo).

This one looks more interesting due to the cops and robbers aspect. If I'm not too busy with Final Fantasy Type-0, I'll probably pick it up for Xbox One at some point.

Astrosmasher1

Battlefield Hardline

Postby Astrosmasher1 » March 15th, 2015, 12:01 pm

I am going to download it later I get 10 hours free on it with EA access but truth be told I am sick of the battlefield brand.

Vexer1

Battlefield Hardline

Postby Vexer1 » March 16th, 2015, 7:12 pm

For me Battlefield didn't catch my attention until they started adding single player campaigns(with Modern Combat being the first one to do so), i'm probably one of the few people who never bought those games for the multiplayer aspect.

Vexer1

Battlefield Hardline

Postby Vexer1 » March 20th, 2015, 4:54 pm

Finished this game recently and quite enjoyed it, it's more stealth-oriented then previous games, so you can't just go in shooting everybody or you'll die fairly fast on some parts, thankfully the stealth bits are actually enjoyable.  Though the game does get more action-oriented in the second-half and you end up in a tank at one point(in probably my favorite part of the game).  The characters are quite interesting, with no real clear cut "good" or "bad" guys, but plenty of shades of grey, the story goes in some surprising directions, though I have to say the last mission feels a tad anticlimactic as there's no major final battle like you'd expect and the ending leaves perhaps a few too many questions unanswered, but otherwise I had a good time with this game.  Unlike with Battlefield 3 and 4, the campaign is a more substantial length and doesn't feel like an afterthought, so even if you couldn't care less about multiplayer like myself, there's still plenty of reason to get this game.

Return to “Modern Gaming”