Most Arrogant-Sounding Game Titles

General and high profile video game topics.
Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » March 20th, 2015, 4:37 pm

There was one game I remember reading about in Game Informer that got cancelled, it's title?  Endless Saga, oh the irony.

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » March 20th, 2015, 4:39 pm

Also I don't think Game of the year editions really count since that's not technically part of a game's title, if a game sells well enough then yeah that kind of is award winning, and I for one like those editions.  They come in pretty handy for people like myself who didn't buy games like Arkham City and Fallout 3 and New Vegas when they first came out, and would like to be able to get all the DLC content without having to buy it all separately.

DaHeckIzDat1

Postby DaHeckIzDat1 » March 20th, 2015, 8:08 pm

How about those anime based games where the names just keep getting longer and longer with each new entry?

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3,
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai- Another Road
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution

Jon1

Postby Jon1 » March 20th, 2015, 8:42 pm

I'll concur with Super Mario 3d World and New Super Mario Bros. U. Nintendo has a sort of screw it we don't give a **** attitude with those titles.

Steve1

Postby Steve1 » March 21st, 2015, 12:03 am

[QUOTE]Also I don't think Game of the year editions really count since that's not technically part of a game's title, if a game sells well enough then yeah that kind of is award winning, and I for one like those editions[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is any question for most people about liking these collections. I like them also if the game itself is appealing. However, I think it is arrogant if there are no actual awards involved. Certainly, selling high quantities is not a measure of quality just as selling a low quantity isn't. Why can't they just use a name like "Complete Edition" or something more marketable but not arrogant, and quite frankly misleading.

Weekend_Warrior1

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » March 21st, 2015, 3:14 am

Awesome Possum
David Robinson's Supreme Court

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » March 21st, 2015, 4:31 am

I personally think it just kinda nitpicky to take issue with the whole game of the year thing, and technically those games DID win awards at E3.

Return to “Video Games General”