PS4 vs WiiU

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Gilly1

PS4 vs WiiU

Postby Gilly1 » March 24th, 2015, 8:29 pm

[QUOTE=DaHeckIzDat][QUOTE=Gilly]FYI, if you by chance have an extra(or not being used) PS3 or 360, gamestop if giving you $175 towards your PS4 if you trade in. The credit must be used towards a PS4.
By the way, I too am loving my Xbone. I like the power(even it's it's just slightly less then a PS4) and most importantly their exclusives and multiplayer. I also fell in love with the ability to turn off my console, only to have the game or app I was last using be ready to play instantly when I boot back up.
Nevertheless, I'm considering trading in my spare 250gb none slim xbox 360 to get a PS4 with Last of Us remastered for $225. Maybe pick up MLB the Show 15 which comes out soon.
Weird since I typically hate that store. Deal ends Sunday April 5th.[/QUOTE] As tempting as that sounds, there are still a ton of ps3 games I want to play. Not ready to sell that one yet! [/QUOTE]

I hear you. If only the PS4 was backwards compatible, this would be a no brainer.
Like I said, I'm thinking of giving up a spare 360.

ptdebate1

PS4 vs WiiU

Postby ptdebate1 » March 24th, 2015, 8:37 pm

[QUOTE=DaHeckIzDat][QUOTE=Gilly]FYI, if you by chance have an extra(or not being used) PS3 or 360, gamestop if giving you $175 towards your PS4 if you trade in. The credit must be used towards a PS4.
By the way, I too am loving my Xbone. I like the power(even it's it's just slightly less then a PS4) and most importantly their exclusives and multiplayer. I also fell in love with the ability to turn off my console, only to have the game or app I was last using be ready to play instantly when I boot back up.
Nevertheless, I'm considering trading in my spare 250gb none slim xbox 360 to get a PS4 with Last of Us remastered for $225. Maybe pick up MLB the Show 15 which comes out soon.
Weird since I typically hate that store. Deal ends Sunday April 5th.[/QUOTE] As tempting as that sounds, there are still a ton of ps3 games I want to play. Not ready to sell that one yet! [/QUOTE]

I'll never sell mine for this very reason. Also, I continually go back and replay Demon's Souls.

DaHeckIzDat1

PS4 vs WiiU

Postby DaHeckIzDat1 » March 25th, 2015, 4:19 pm

[QUOTE=ptdebate][QUOTE=DaHeckIzDat][QUOTE=Gilly]FYI, if you by chance have an extra(or not being used) PS3 or 360, gamestop if giving you $175 towards your PS4 if you trade in. The credit must be used towards a PS4.

I'll never sell mine for this very reason. Also, I continually go back and replay Demon's Souls.[/QUOTE]

Now, if they were to make it backwards compatible, that'd be a different story. That old thing would be out of my house before you knew it!

Atarifever1

PS4 vs WiiU

Postby Atarifever1 » March 27th, 2015, 5:46 am

[QUOTE=ActRaiser]

Keep in mind my post was originally posted before Nintendo announced the NX system.  It confirms my theory that the Wii U has a shortened life cycle.  .[/QUOTE]

Sorry to bring this back up just for one point, but I heard an interesting thought on this on the Nintendo podcast on IGN, and thought it made a lot of sense.  Not one of the IGN editors on the podcast thought the announcement of the NX had anything to do with the Wii U at all.  They said it was announced solely because of the mobile announcement that went with it.  It was to calm any investors or customers who believed  that the move to mobile was an exit from the hardware business.  It was so that it would be clear that the plan is mobile AND dedicated systems, not to go 3rd party.  It makes sense, seeing that they did just buy 10% of their mobile partner and had their mobile partner buy part of them.  One could be forgiven for thinking they were going the Sega route and leaving the hardware space with such a huge move (one of the biggest ones from the company in about a decade). So they basically said "we're joining the mobile development space, which will work really well with our next dedicated system that we are totally developing for real, for sure, don't worry.  Now let's talk more mobile."  

Anyway, that makes a ton of sense to me.  

Gilly1

PS4 vs WiiU

Postby Gilly1 » March 30th, 2015, 7:55 pm

So I picked up a PS4 with the trade in mentioned above. So far just played Last of Us. Best graphics I've seen to date, and liking the story so far, but a tad harder then I expected from a third person adventure game. So far I still think Tomb Raider is better but this is close.

Anyway, I decided to create a new PSN (just added a 2) so hope some of you add gillydgenius2
I'm not sure what game to add next, maybe MLB the Show 15.

By the way, I immediately updated to 2.5 firmware which gave me the feature where your games can pause and continue afterwards similar to the XBone. I don't think it works as well. On the XBone, you select to "shut down" your console, and it goes to a very cool and quite standby. It's probably using 2 watts. On the PS4, you select to not shutdown, but to actually enter what's called a "rest mode". It's more like your computer on standby, where it's still quite a bit active. The blue light turns amber, and I swear I still here the console. It could be in my head, but I'm afraid it's still pulling too much power and I fully shut it down instead. The fact the PS4 tells you to NOT unplug it while in this rest mode alone worried me. You can always unplug the XBone when shut down, but if you don't it remembers where you left off in your game.

Return to “Modern Gaming”