New Forums Open for Business!

General and high profile video game topics.
Tron

Re: New Forums Open for Business!

Postby Tron » April 10th, 2015, 5:28 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:
Tron wrote:Awe fudge! Still gotta have mod approval?!?!

Boo! Hiss!

This is just a temporary measure until I learn how to effectively deal with the spam. Hang in there.

Yay! Also I tried to use a photo for an avatar. I don't see it. Maybe it has to get approved or something? I pretty much only use mobile now for this site & it seems to be working just fine. On the old forum I'd sometimes get booted off. That would especially suck after I had just spent 15 minutes writing a post. Hopefully this new forum will be more stable. Btw congrats Critic on your forum & thanks for providing it.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » April 10th, 2015, 7:34 pm

Went to the old forum today out of habit, and see it's covered in ads such as one for dating Russian women. Your old host didn't waste any time after you let it go in trying to get some advertising revenue out of the hits it's still receiving.

If you change the scheme here, I hope it's easy on the eyes. Something like a black background with white text actually hurts my eyes after a while. Light colors with dark text, like this default scheme for this type of forum software, is easy on the eyes even if this particular selection isn't unique.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » April 10th, 2015, 8:35 pm

It is back to slow mo mode. I mean I can make myself a cup of tea between up dates.

Sut

Postby Sut » April 11th, 2015, 5:31 am

I'm on iOS and when using the mobile site the forum is linking to the old one not the new one. I have to go to the full site then go to the forums from there.
Again thanks for the massive effort with the forums.

Rev

Postby Rev » April 11th, 2015, 9:49 am

Sut wrote:I'm on iOS and when using the mobile site the forum is linking to the old one not the new one. I have to go to the full site then go to the forums from there.
Again thanks for the massive effort with the forums.

I'm actually having the same issue. I found if I leave it alone the page will eventually refresh and re-direct me to the new forum. I don't know why it does that though.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 11th, 2015, 6:59 pm

I fixed the link to the old forums on the mobile site.
Also, the RPG Critic did some work on the forums today to stabilize things. The response time seems pretty good right now.

It's amazing how many spam bots are hitting this thing.
It's a shame new technology always has to be ruined by people looking to make an easy buck.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 11th, 2015, 7:20 pm

The forums are still kind of sluggish. I think I may need to upgrade my server.
Until then, hang in there!

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » April 11th, 2015, 8:06 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:It's a shame new technology always has to be ruined by people looking to make an easy buck.

Words of truth!

txsizzler

Postby txsizzler » April 12th, 2015, 8:45 am

Well, I got my name registered, will add my avatar here shortly. Was a rather seamless process. I kinda wish all my previous posts would show up for total post count, but its not a biggie. ;)

Voor

Postby Voor » April 14th, 2015, 9:13 pm

Made it! Different, but I dig.

Return to “Video Games General”