New Forums Open for Business!

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: New Forums Open for Business!

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 16th, 2015, 4:54 pm

I think the slowness problem has been resolved. Hopefully we can get things back to normal.
Thank you for your patience.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » April 17th, 2015, 9:55 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:I think the slowness problem has been resolved. Hopefully we can get things back to normal.
Thank you for your patience.

It seems to be working a lot better now. Thanks Critic!

Rev

Postby Rev » April 17th, 2015, 1:35 pm

Yeah, I haven't had any issues since your last update. Hopefully, it keeps up!

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » April 18th, 2015, 7:12 am

I'm really liking the new forums now that they're working. Everything from the editing windows to the post-approval process looks better. This was a great move.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 18th, 2015, 8:08 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. They are definitely running a lot smoother now, that's for sure.
I still need to do a few more to make sure they stay that way, so there may be an outage or two in the future (likely Monday afternoon).

Once that is settled I can begin making cosmetic changes.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » April 21st, 2015, 9:03 pm

Unfortunately, things seem to be running a bit sluggish right now. Not as bad as it was before, but pages are still taking a good 7 or 8 seconds to move.

Hopefully this is just a momentary issue that fixes itself.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 21st, 2015, 9:40 pm

Yeah I notice that the CPU will spike once or twice a day, but 99% of the time it's running fast.
I'm still looking into those spikes.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 23rd, 2015, 5:42 pm

I made some minor changes the other day to narrow the forum window a bit, but a user contacted me with a screenshot showing that the screen was only taking up the left half on his iphone. So I changed the sizing back. Please let me know if you discover any other issues as a result of my tinkering.
Thanks!

Rev

Postby Rev » April 23rd, 2015, 11:48 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I made some minor changes the other day to narrow the forum window a bit, but a user contacted me with a screenshot showing that the screen was only taking up the left half on his iphone. So I changed the sizing back. Please let me know if you discover any other issues as a result of my tinkering.
Thanks!

I'm having that issue as well. Like Scotland, the ad at the bottom of the page is what is causing the size issue. I didn't have this issue until like 2-3 days ago.

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » April 24th, 2015, 2:36 am

One unfortunate thing I've noticed is that with some of the older threads, some of the posts seem to be deleted. Like, in the N64 vs. Ps1 thread, the first post is N64Dude's. Yet, I know for a fact that I created that topic and that several people posted before him. I also noticed that the GameCube thread in the Classic section also has a few missing posts. And Stephen's infamous Super Mario RPG review is missing the actual review, which kind of makes me sad, as it was good to read for laughs. Is there any way to return them?

Return to “Video Games General”