You get 3 games (can choose from Mario, Zelda, or Metroid)....Go!

General and high profile video game topics.
Voor

You get 3 games (can choose from Mario, Zelda, or Metroid)....Go!

Postby Voor » May 5th, 2015, 10:28 pm

Pick 3 favorite games using these franchises, either one from each or can double dip if you like.

At this moment, I have:

ocarina of time
Super metroid
Smb 2
Last edited by Voor on May 8th, 2015, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hardcore Sadism

Re: You get 3 games (can choose from Mario, Zelda, or Metroid)....Go!

Postby Hardcore Sadism » May 5th, 2015, 11:42 pm

Super Metroid. I might as well go with the game that's been placed #1 and #2 on several top-ten lists...

nesfan

Postby nesfan » May 5th, 2015, 11:58 pm

For my Zelda game, I would choose Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages. (I'm counting the two of them as one complete game. Is that cheating?) My reason is that these two are my favorite Zelda games.
Then I would choose Super Mario Bros. 3 because it's my favorite game of all time.
And lastly I would choose Super Mario 3D World because it's my favorite 3D Mario game.

The only Metroid games that I've played are the original and Metroid Prime. And I only rented Prime so I really don't know a whole lot about the series. I'm eager to try Super Metroid at some point.

Rev

Postby Rev » May 6th, 2015, 5:30 pm

I would pick Super Metroid, Super Mario World, and Super Mario Galaxy 2. I think the two Mario games are the pinnacle of 2D and 3D platforming so I would want the best of both. Super Metroid is a whole different type of game but has it all- great atmosphere, excellent boss fights, lots of secrets, excellent graphics and sound.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » May 7th, 2015, 11:49 am

So hard to pick just 3. I think I'd go with Super Mario 3d World for the great multiplayer, Skyward Sword, since I think that could be as good as Ocarina and I haven't played through it as many times, and Super Metroid which needs no explanation.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » May 7th, 2015, 12:12 pm

Ocarina of Time
Metroid Fusion
3D World

eraserhead

Postby eraserhead » May 12th, 2015, 4:42 pm

It's tempting to "double dip" but I want a variety, so I would pick one from each.

Super Mario Bros 3 - No explanation needed, it regularly tops "best games of all time" lists

original Metroid - Seems like it would be most satisfying for me. I have never gotten very far in any Metroid game. The first one seems like a good combo for me of I can figure it out, and taking a lot of time (I make my own map).

And Zelda...this is tough. Zelda 2 is my favorite in the series. But it's also pretty short for me. So I might pick Zelda 1 or Twilight Princess instead.

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » May 13th, 2015, 9:11 pm

The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past- The combination of story, gameplay, graphics, music, and setting are perfect. The Dark World is an amazing idea. Majora's Mask is incredibly close to being the Zelda game I choose, as that is also a masterpiece.

Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars- Still my favorite Mario game, everything about this game is awesome. This is also my favorite RPG.

Metroid: Zero Mission- The original Metroid is great, but this blows it out of the water in every single way. This is a remake done right. Eraserhead, you should try this one out. It's the original, but better.

strat

Postby strat » May 14th, 2015, 1:43 am

Super Mario Bros. 3 - It's really hard to pick between this and SMW but 3 just takes the nod because you can at least do a Frog Suit or Hammer Bros. Suit run (On All-Stars), while SMW only has two power-ups besides the mushroom and relies on Yoshi to make up the difference. Mario 64 would be a close third but I really hate Dire, Dire Docks.

Link Between Worlds - If only because I might try to play all the dungeons in every possible order.

Metroid Prime 2 - I like it better than the 2D Metroid games and the other MP games, mostly due to the amazing control scheme and the creepy atmospheric parts like the underwater section of Torvus bog.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » May 14th, 2015, 5:46 pm

This one is tough. Since we can pick two games, I'll go with one 2D and one 3D entry for each.

2D:
-Super Mario World
-A Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
-Super Metroid

3D:
-Super Mario 64 (Super Mario 3D World is great, but unsure that SM64 will ever be toppled for me)
-A Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Metroid Prime (In its upgraded Wii form)

Exactly why I love each of these with each one standing above the rest, is tough to pinpoint. One common thread here though is that I played each of these before any of the others (I didn't own a NES, although I did briefly play Super Mario Bros. a few times before getting my SuperNes).

So that no doubt contributes to their standing.

Return to “Video Games General”