The Last of Us GOTY Edition

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Tron

The Last of Us GOTY Edition

Postby Tron » April 20th, 2015, 6:13 pm

I've been waiting for this to come out. Still not here. I've read it was released in Japan, maybe the UK and even Australia. Why would the U.S. not get a release?

ptdebate

Re: The Last of Us GOTY Edition

Postby ptdebate » April 22nd, 2015, 2:43 pm

Tron wrote:I've been waiting for this to come out. Still not here. I've read it was released in Japan, maybe the UK and even Australia. Why would the U.S. not get a release?

This released quite a while ago though! It's called The Last of Us: Remastered. The "GOTY" wording isn't in there but that's exactly what it is.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » April 23rd, 2015, 12:10 am

That's a PS4 product though.

He seems to be looking for a PS3 retail option that bundles in the Left Behind expansion pack, on the disc. But while North America hasn't gotten that option in retail form on the PS3, don't forget that the PS3 is region free. If you want that expansion on disc and on the game's original platform, I'd suggest just importing it from the UK.

Tron

Postby Tron » April 23rd, 2015, 7:00 pm

PS3 for me.

I'd rather not import, but may have no choice. If it ain't out by now I'm thinking it never will.

Rev

Postby Rev » August 17th, 2015, 12:47 am

I started playing the Last of Us for the PS3 today. I've been blown away by the atmosphere and the characters. I'm only about two hours into the game but I think I'm going to stick with this one for a while. I was wanting to play this on the PS4 but I decided if I get a PS4 before I finish this I might just restart. I'll probably buy the PS4 TLOU bundle. I think this might be one of those games I want to play through twice anyway.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » August 20th, 2015, 8:54 pm

I have been waiting for the Arkham Origins GOTY but I don't think it's ever going to hit. Settled for the Wal-Mart exclusive version as I got it for $10. Not sure what's up, maybe they are only doing PS4 remastered ports instead?

Tron

Postby Tron » August 21st, 2015, 9:09 pm

I'm thinking GOTY editions are going to be fazed out. As the Internet continues to grow on consoles publishers can just offer DLC digitally.

Rev

Postby Rev » September 6th, 2015, 1:03 pm

Wow, I beat this game today. I was hooked from start to finish. I have never felt more connected to two in game characters as I did with Joel and Ellie. I'm going to start playing the Left Behind DLC that came with the game. Absolutely, brilliant game.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » September 7th, 2015, 4:57 am

Rev wrote:Wow, I beat this game today. I was hooked from start to finish. I have never felt more connected to two in game characters as I did with Joel and Ellie. I'm going to start playing the Left Behind DLC that came with the game. Absolutely, brilliant game.

Yep. I remember staying up until noon the next day playing this game. It's one of the best I've ever played. My brother in law just got a PS4, so I let him borrow this, and he's hooked too.

Rev

Postby Rev » September 7th, 2015, 10:34 am

Herschie wrote:
Rev wrote:Wow, I beat this game today. I was hooked from start to finish. I have never felt more connected to two in game characters as I did with Joel and Ellie. I'm going to start playing the Left Behind DLC that came with the game. Absolutely, brilliant game.

Yep. I remember staying up until noon the next day playing this game. It's one of the best I've ever played. My brother in law just got a PS4, so I let him borrow this, and he's hooked too.

I know a sequel has sort of been confirmed... Here's to hoping one does come out and it continues the story of Joel and Ellie.

Return to “Modern Gaming”