Neo Geo Emulator Boxes for sale

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
ActRaiser

Re: Neo Geo Emulator Boxes for sale

Postby ActRaiser » September 28th, 2015, 9:20 am

Tron wrote:Noah or Actraiser-

In order to bring up the main menu I can press the shoulder buttons & select & start with the controller I got. I tried an Xbox 360 controller & it works great, can even use the analog sticks. The problem is that I don't know how to reset and bring back the main menu. Pressing the shoulder buttons & back and start don't work. Any idea on how to bring up the main menu with an Xbox 360 controller? Thanks

Hmm, no clue. I use the SNES style USB controllers ordered/sent with the system. Are you using the PC adapter and then a wireless 360? That's awesome. I didn't think of that. Maybe try keeping one of the controllers plugged in to get to the menu and then use the 360 to game away from the machine. The cord is a bit short so I can understand the need for wireless or a long cable.

Tron

Postby Tron » September 28th, 2015, 5:47 pm

Actually it's a corded 360 controller

noah98

Postby noah98 » September 28th, 2015, 5:56 pm

If you need to access the menu and your controller doesn't have the hotkey set, you can always use a usb keyboard to access the menu. When you setup the xbox controller, just make sure to set the hotkey. Recalbox.com (under DIY Recalbox) has instructions for setting up Xbox and ps3 controllers. With a bluetooth dongle you can easily use a ps3 controller

Here is how to configure with a keyboard:

Plug in your USB keyboard, press ENTER in the frontend, select the "Configure Input" entry with S key, then select "Configure a controller" with S key. Follow the instructions and map each controller button to the corresponding button on the screen.

Tron

Postby Tron » November 22nd, 2015, 9:31 pm

Hey Noah, can you make more of these systems? I'd like to get one for my dad for Christmas. I'd like to get a Turbo Grafx themed one. Also is there anyway to have a power button on the system? Unplugging it kinda sucks.

DevMac10

Postby DevMac10 » November 27th, 2015, 9:03 am

Nice!

noah98

Postby noah98 » December 5th, 2015, 9:23 am

Sorry for the late response. I've been battling a serious respiratory infection the last two weeks.

I have figured out how to solder a power switch to the raspberry pi. You can see on my flickr page the nes style one with the switch installed.

The only box I have almost finished is the Castlevania one. I've been too sick to work on anything, so I'm not sure about getting one done for Christmas.

Tron

Postby Tron » December 5th, 2015, 10:57 am

noah98 wrote:Sorry for the late response. I've been battling a serious respiratory infection the last two weeks.

I have figured out how to solder a power switch to the raspberry pi. You can see on my flickr page the nes style one with the switch installed.

The only box I have almost finished is the Castlevania one. I've been too sick to work on anything, so I'm not sure about getting one done for Christmas.

Sorry you've been sick. Get better soon.

I'd like a turbo Grafx styled one with the power switch. I can wait for after Christmas. Just let me know if this is something you can do & whatever time frame works for you. Also can you add Intellevision &/or any other systems? I for sure want another one so even if it's a few months before you can get to it I'll still want it. Thanks.

Tron

Postby Tron » January 7th, 2016, 6:22 pm

Noah98, doing better? Any chance on this?

Return to “Classic Gaming”