Now Is The Time to Buy PS3 and 360 Games

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Rev

Now Is The Time to Buy PS3 and 360 Games

Postby Rev » December 24th, 2015, 2:10 pm

Well it is finally a good time for collectors. Ps3 and 360 games have gotten cheap. With my recent trips to GameStop I noticed how low priced these games have become. If you want physical copies of your games you won't find a better time to build up you collections. This is that pivotal moment before your selection drops drastically on what games you can find at places like GameStop and the prices are cheap. If you've wanted to amass a good sized collection of these games this is your chance.

Sut

Re: Now Is The Time to Buy PS3 and 360 Games

Postby Sut » December 24th, 2015, 3:38 pm

We could do with making a 'recommended games' list as I dipped in and out with the seventh gen. I definitely want to pick up Red Dead Redemption and Sonic Generations.

Shapur

Postby Shapur » December 24th, 2015, 4:39 pm

It's also a good time to polish off that PS2 and original Xbox collection before the prices rise too much. In a couple years they are going to be getting expensive.

Ps360 seems like they've hit rock bottom. Ebay prices for nearly any game released more than a couple years ago seems to be under 10 bucks with shipping. They just don't get much lower than that.

Rev

Postby Rev » December 24th, 2015, 4:58 pm

Sut wrote:We could do with making a 'recommended games' list as I dipped in and out with the seventh gen. I definitely want to pick up Red Dead Redemption and Sonic Generations.

Yeah, I've been having a bit of trouble knowing what games to pick up but I've used /v/ recommended games to get an idea.
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wik ... Games_Wiki

Very helpful site. The main problem is knowing what RPG's to pick up... The PS3 has a bunch of them but some sound very similar (the Atelier and Tales games are the ones I've noticed) and it's hard to find a recommended list for these types of games. It seems like the big releases that are 2+ years old are under $10, RPGs are around $15-20 (the ones that will very likely jump in price in the future). I'm picking up a lot more pS3 games than 360 since I'm buying them used. Since the PS3 uses blu ray discs it makes more sense since they are very hard to scratch (big problem with used 360 games), have better cases, and take up less space. I'm curious about what 360 games are exclusive (or done way better) on that console as I have a good idea for the PS3 but not that one. Anyone have any recommendations?

Rev

Postby Rev » December 24th, 2015, 5:04 pm

Shapur wrote:It's also a good time to polish off that PS2 and original Xbox collection before the prices rise too much. In a couple years they are going to be getting expensive.

Original Xbox games are still cheap right now. I've picked up a lot of games for the console over the last couple of months. I'm still looking for Stubbs the Zombie (really hard to find at retailers) and a few others but overall I think I'm almost good on that one. While the PS2 and NGC games have risen a lot (especially the NGC) the Xbox has been sitting pretty in the background not really raising in price. It's a solid console to collect for as a lot of PC only games can be found only on the original Xbox which gives it a solid pool of exclusive titles, or offers better ports of 3rd party games. PS2 prices have increased a lot over the last 1-2 years. I wish I would have been smart enough to pick up a lot of the PS2 games during the transition to the PS3/360 era. Still, I'm pretty close to being considered "good" on that console as well.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » December 24th, 2015, 6:41 pm

I am one who will not buy the current Gen systems. My time is limited and I don't have time for all this downloading stuff. I enjoy my 360 and PS2 and retro consoles very much. And yes I am cleaning up on 360 games at Gamestop and some other locations. I am lucky enough to have two retro game stores within 30 minutes of where I live. Very true 360 games are dirt cheap right now. I have collected so many in the past two months alone. But PS2 prices are going up drastically just over this past year. And the NES, SNES and N64 are just going to get more expensive. Genesis games for some reason are still holding their prices about the same from a year ago. Oh well, it's Christmas Eve! Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rev

Postby Rev » December 24th, 2015, 11:42 pm

matmico399 wrote:I am one who will not buy the current Gen systems. My time is limited and I don't have time for all this downloading stuff. I enjoy my 360 and PS2 and retro consoles very much. And yes I am cleaning up on 360 games at Gamestop and some other locations. I am lucky enough to have two retro game stores within 30 minutes of where I live. Very true 360 games are dirt cheap right now. I have collected so many in the past two months alone. But PS2 prices are going up drastically just over this past year. And the NES, SNES and N64 are just going to get more expensive. Genesis games for some reason are still holding their prices about the same from a year ago. Oh well, it's Christmas Eve! Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you happen to have any recommendations for 360 exclusive titles? I have the PS3 and 360 but if it's cross platform I prefer to pick the PS3 version so that leaves pretty much exclusives.

Shapur

Postby Shapur » December 25th, 2015, 12:36 am

Rev wrote:Do you happen to have any recommendations for 360 exclusive titles? I have the PS3 and 360 but if it's cross platform I prefer to pick the PS3 version so that leaves pretty much exclusives.

Just out of curiosity why do you prefer the PS3? Most multi-plat games run a bit better on the 360 so I'm just wondering why you'd choose the ps3 version?

Rev

Postby Rev » December 25th, 2015, 2:32 am

Well... Honestly, since most of the games I'm buying are used there are a few reasons - 1. The games are very likely to be scratch free due to blu rays being near indestructible, 2. I like the PS3 hardware and design more (chargeable controllers, the OS, etc), 3. I feel like the PS3 cases are much more durable (and take up less room) than their 360 counterparts, 4. Games that are multi disc on the 360 tend to be only 1 disc on the PS3, 5. Better exclusives on the PS3 which means I'd use that console more, and 6. a lot of the cross platform games received extra bonuses not found on the 360 releases, meaning even if the game runs better on the 360 you get more content with the PS3 version.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » December 26th, 2015, 7:33 am

I think there are only 2 PS3 games I need to have, and that is the last 2 Metal Gear games.

Return to “Modern Gaming”