What did you get for Christmas?

General and high profile video game topics.
nesfan

Re: What did you get for Christmas?

Postby nesfan » December 25th, 2015, 11:00 pm

I got a new 500GB hard drive for my PS3, upgrading from my original 60GB with an external drive coming in the mail so I can actually make the switch. I got two new PS3 games, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel and Arcana Heart 3 Love Max. Two new Wii U games, Super Mario 3D World and Rodea the Sky Soldier. I also got a Link Amiibo and a friend of mine gave me a Mega Man Amiibo. And I got a new pair of shoes. My old ones were falling apart so I really needed that. Pretty good haul this year. The games are all really fun. I'd say Trails of Cold Steel is already looking to be my game of the year. I got some money that I'm thinking about spending on Shenmue II and maybe a movie or a CD.

shootingstar

Postby shootingstar » December 26th, 2015, 12:17 pm

I got an electric shaver. Finally, no more spending money on expensive disposable blades! :D

Hardcore Sadism

Postby Hardcore Sadism » December 26th, 2015, 4:47 pm

shootingstar wrote:I got an electric shaver. Finally, no more spending money on expensive disposable blades! :D

This is going to be a little awkward but...

What am I doing wrong with my electric razor? I don't try to let my facial hair go out of control, which is a chore to manage at all because of how coarse it is, but I am apparently too dumb to even use fresh blades without partially burning my neck raw. Should I apply the shave balm first from now on?

EDIT: Going to bed at 4 AM means I should not grammar at all.
Last edited by Hardcore Sadism on December 27th, 2015, 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sut

Postby Sut » December 26th, 2015, 4:54 pm

Sega Rally 2 Dreamcast, Chaotix 32x, Guardian Heroes Saturn and PES 2016 for PS4.
But best of all. An adapter to plug my Saturn pads into PS3 (and hopefully PS4) perfect for some HD Street Fighter !

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 27th, 2015, 10:29 am

I got Guitar Hero Live (PS4) and Rise of the Tomb Raider (XB1).

The new guitar in Guitar Hero Live is going to take some getting used to - it has two rows of buttons, indicated on the screen by moving picks pointing up or down. I like the idea of watching live footage. Not only does the crowd get annoyed when you screw up, but your bandmates really get pissed.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is terrific so far - picking up where the last one left off. Beautiful scenery and a lot of exciting sequences.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » December 28th, 2015, 10:14 am

My family's against getting me games for Christmas (they've never liked how into video games I am), but I did get a book by my favorite author... if that counts, lol.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » December 28th, 2015, 1:09 pm

A 64GB memory card for my vita (talk about a godsend....a ridiculously overpriced godsend), $60 in PSN gift cards, a couple shirts, two big bottles of Bailey's, a limited edition of Paul McCartney's Flowers in the Dirt, and slippers. I've been so invested in Fallout 4, that all other forms of gaming have taken a backseat, and I'm out of the collecting bracket now.

Hope you all had a great Christmas!

Tron

Postby Tron » December 28th, 2015, 5:41 pm

Thanks for the answer Rev.

As far as shaving I've never found an electric that did it for me. I'd get razor burn. Works ok if you shave the morning stubble, but I'd rather wait a couple days and use a standard razor.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » December 28th, 2015, 8:13 pm

I got 4 bottles of Gibson's Finest Canadian Whiskey, 1 bottle Wiser's Canadian Whiskey, and two bottles of white wine. People know what I like. :) I also got a locally made seal skin key chain (which is actually expensive for a keychain). I got a bunch of running clothes and some assorted responsible people clothes. I also got PS+, A PS TV, some Nintendo eShop money (some of which is now Earthbound), and some money I already turned into PS store cash.

JustLikeHeaven

Postby JustLikeHeaven » December 30th, 2015, 12:53 pm

This was the first year in my entire life where I didn't get something videogame related. 2015 was easily the year where I played the least amount of games. I attribute that to diving deeper into other hobbies (boardgames, comics and reading novels). Still the current state of videogaming is quickly becoming something I really want no part in. I don't care for most of the online culture (besides this excellent site of course) and most AAA games that come out are derivative garbage.

I don't want to be a big ol' downer in this thread though. So I hope everyone got some awesome stuff and had a safe, happy Christmas. Happy New Years VGC forums. Keep on being the best place on the web to discuss games in 2016!

Return to “Video Games General”