Fighting Stick

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Fighting Stick

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 20th, 2016, 8:02 pm

Now that I'm playing Street Fighter V like crazy I feel like I need a new fighting stick. Dag - these things are expensive and take up so much room! Any recommendations??

ptdebate

Re: Fighting Stick

Postby ptdebate » February 20th, 2016, 10:33 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Now that I'm playing Street Fighter V like crazy I feel like I need a new fighting stick. Dag - these things are expensive and take up so much room! Any recommendations??

I usually recommend Hori but Mad Catz has proven to be a major contender in the console arcade stick business. Both use real arcade parts and are similarly priced. Unfortunately these things rarely go on sale and you can't use 7th-gen sticks with current systems (major bummer). I'd put my money towards Hori just based on many great experiences with their products.

I've long coveted the Xbox One fighting stick themed after Killer Instinct.

Rev

Postby Rev » February 21st, 2016, 4:48 pm

Fighting sticks are pretty cool.. You are absolutely right that they tend to be expensive and take up a bunch of space. Any good cross-platform fighting sticks (do they even make those)?

Shapur

Postby Shapur » February 22nd, 2016, 4:51 pm

There are a bunch of PS2/PS3, and PS3/PS4 peripherals out there.

Amazon has got two cross platform arcade sticks that I see. Reviews look good, but I can't provide any personal experience.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » March 1st, 2016, 9:03 pm

Gamestop has a SFV-branded stick that looks to be a pretty good deal. I can't attest to the quality, but Mad Catz sticks generally get good reviews. This one's only $79.99 compared to the usual $200+

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories ... ps4/127238

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 1st, 2016, 9:52 pm

Good call on the joystick. I think this one might be worth it.

Sadly, it's out of stock at Amazon. Why are all the Mad Catz joysticks all out of stock? I mean, it's the biggest release of the year so you'd think they would have been ready to handle the demand.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » March 1st, 2016, 10:05 pm

If you do end up getting it, let me know how you like it! I may be in the market for one soon.

Return to “Modern Gaming”