All the way through?

General and high profile video game topics.
JustLikeHeaven

Re: All the way through?

Postby JustLikeHeaven » March 4th, 2016, 4:54 pm

Finished a couple of games recently:

Lollipop Chainsaw - I played about halfway through this one when it originally came out and lost interest. So recently I started over and actually finished it this time. I think it's a really great beat em up. If you're a fan of "classic" no frills beat em ups like Streets of Rage, Final Fight and Turtles in Time then you will enjoy your time with Lollipop. I wasn't a fan of the lewd, sophomoric, humor that was more annoying than funny. I'm not a prude and can curse with the best of folks, but I still find this stuff to be awkward in videogames. Regardless, I appreciated the simple gameplay, short play time (6 hours or so), and the fact that the story never got in the way of hacking up zombies. Really glad I went back and re-visited this.

Luigi's Mansion - Ah, the Gamecube's very first game! While it's no classic, Luigi's Mansion is an easy to like game. I enjoy that it makes you use your head to figure out how to capture ghosts. The controls are a little loose and the capturing mechanics take some time to master. Luckily the first half of the game is incredibly easy/forgiving. My favorite things are the little touches. Like when a cutscene shows Luigi's hand trembling before opening a locked door. Or that when you're walking around the A button simply makes Luigi call out, "Mario!?!" Luigi's Mansion is a charming game with a unique gameplay twist. This really makes me want to track down the supposedly superior 3DS sequel.

Rev

Postby Rev » March 4th, 2016, 9:52 pm

I beat Kid Dracula today for the original Game Boy. The game is a lot of fun and I really enjoyed playing it. It looked pretty good on my Game Boy Player and the characters are quite detailed for such an early title. I think the thing I enjoyed the most about the game was the music, level 7 especially had an awesome song and got me in the groove. The only downside I found was some slow down and the general slow nature of the title, although I heard that is fairly common for Game Boy action/platformers. Great game.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » March 13th, 2016, 3:50 am

Just finished the story for Far Cry primal on Ps4, a bit repetitive but still fun ! Ozzy

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » March 18th, 2016, 3:50 am

I just finished Wolfenstien The Old Blood on ps4. Definetly a fun game, liked it better than I did the new order! Ozzy

Rev

Postby Rev » March 21st, 2016, 2:33 pm

After years of trying I finally beat gradius 3 on snes. I'm not very good at shmups so I was pretty stoked to finally beat it. The hardest part about the series is losing all your power ups after losing a life. Especially on the later stages it is quite difficult to get enough power ups to survive the swarm of enemies after you lose a life. The hardest stage is level 7 where you need to navigate high speeds and tight corridors... I always seem to die there leaving me defenseless against the boss rush on stage 8.

Rev

Postby Rev » March 21st, 2016, 11:49 pm

Continuing the trend of beating games I've sucked at for years, I finally beat U.N. Squadron for the SNES. I wanted to try another SNES shmup so I went with this one. I've always liked the unique approach to the shmup genre with this game. You play through 10 stages in addition to buying ships and powerups that you think you might need. You also get multiple hits, as long as they aren't before your shields build back up power. I really enjoyed this one and might try to beat it again this weekend.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » March 26th, 2016, 6:32 pm

Just finished Sniper Elite 3 on Ps4. Though not usually my style of game, zombie army trilogy made me want to at least try this and well the campaign was fun ! Ozzy

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » March 30th, 2016, 2:55 am

Just finished Tell Tales MineCraft Story Mode on Ps4 . This was very well done but I have a major gripe to complain about. I bought the season pass disk and they out out the final episode today only to find out that there are making 3 more episodes and now want you to pay for an "adventure " season pass to access these, I thought I already did buy a damn season pass! Typical!!! Rant over lol , Ozzy

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » April 6th, 2016, 7:33 pm

Spending some time in the hospital ( ty Crohn's disease ) and just finished Lego Ninjago Shadow of Ronin on my PS Vita. Very fun Lego game! Ozzy

Funkmaster V

Postby Funkmaster V » April 8th, 2016, 2:20 am

I rarely beat games because I don't have a lot of time and I suck at games, but for a minute I got obsessed with ZombiU. I just beat that - only dying once (land mine... my wife called "BLAH BLAH BLAH" BOOM!!! I could have killed her). And I beat Splatoon, which is pretty short but pretty awesome... the last boss is a trip. Proud of myself... wanna beat another short but sweet game to feel like a macho man

Return to “Video Games General”