Downhill Domination (PS2)

The readers post their own reviews.
matmico399

Downhill Domination (PS2)

Postby matmico399 » April 18th, 2016, 7:30 pm

This is simply a remarkable game. I never would have thought a racing game without having a motorized vehicle could be so enthralling. This game has proved me wrong.

In Downhill Domination you ride a BMX style bicycle down the side of steep mountains. The sensation of speed is fantastic and big air is the name of the game. Going down a steep mountain at full speed and trying to guide your biker around trees, hikers and animals among other things is a huge rush. I have been playing this game on and off for a month and I stick this in almost every night. There are power ups and weapons you can pick up along the trail. And speaking of weapons, yes it is like Road Rash in a lot of ways. You can punch, kick and even throw weapons. The power ups include instant speed bursts and turbo you can use at a later time. All this while going down a mountain at an extremely high rate of speed. The speed is what makes this game so remarkable, but throw in all the extras and this game just rocks.

My one and ONLY complaint is that as you get deeper and deeper into the game the difficulty ramps up big time! I am near the end and you have to run a near perfect score to finish, which is tough as all get out.

Otherwise a hidden gem for those who haven't experienced it. Grade: A

Return to “Reader Reviews”