2016/6/5: Turbografx-16: Davis Cup Tennis, World Court Tennis, World Sports Competition

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2016/6/5: Turbografx-16: Davis Cup Tennis, World Court Tennis, World Sports Competition

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 5th, 2016, 12:52 pm

I hope you get a kick out of these new Turbografx reviews.

World Court Tennis is new, but I felt the need to revisit Davis Cup as a basis of comparison so I updated them.

I also re-reviewed World Sport Competition, taking the best parts of the old review.

Comments?

goldenband

Re: 2016/6/5: Turbografx-16: Davis Cup Tennis, World Court Tennis, World Sports Competition

Postby goldenband » June 5th, 2016, 4:59 pm

World Court Tennis uses the same engine as Family Tennis, the best tennis game on the NES/Famicom. I've only played the TG-16 game a little bit, but right away I could tell it was the same -- the serves, forehands, everything in the game had the same crisp, intuitive, yet faithful-to-real-life feel as Family Tennis. Nice to see it appreciated!

Rev

Re: 2016/6/5: Turbografx-16: Davis Cup Tennis, World Court Tennis, World Sports Competition

Postby Rev » June 5th, 2016, 8:37 pm

WCT is an awesome Tennis game and I really enjoyed my time with that one. I'm glad you liked it. The RPG mode definitely made the game stand out from the pack and I appreciated it.

Tron

Postby Tron » June 5th, 2016, 11:11 pm

I enjoyed Davis Cup as A kid, since I didn't have the other game. The matches drag on though. It really needed a power shot. The thing about Davis Cup I remeber most was the creepy music and sound effects. It's hard for me to pinpoint why I thought the music was so disturbing in this game, but it freaked me out.

Return to “Review Feedback”