Stranger Things (Netflix)

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Stranger Things (Netflix)

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 28th, 2016, 7:14 pm

Anybody watching this? I just watched the first episode and I was blown away. Not only was it like going back to the 1980's (corded phones, D&D, rabbit ears on TV) but even the music and credits are like something from a 1983 horror flick. Can't wait to watch the other 7 episodes.

DaHeckIzDat

Re: Stranger Things (Netflix)

Postby DaHeckIzDat » September 28th, 2016, 9:54 pm

I've watched the first three episodes. Wasn't expecting to like it much, since I'm not really into cheesy old timey Spielberg style shows, really, but in the end it won me over too. Honestly I'm waiting till a little later in the fall to watch the rest so the season matches the show, you know?

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » September 29th, 2016, 10:56 am

My wife and I binge watched this over a weekend this summer. Definitely loved it! I'm really hoping the second season can be as good as the first.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » September 29th, 2016, 1:28 pm

I spent a week watching it in August. Fantastic! It was a cross between Goonies and Amazing Stories with a bit of some Alien thrown in. Loved it.

zetax

Postby zetax » September 29th, 2016, 2:48 pm

Interesting coincidence, we just started watching it last night. Got through the first 2 episodes and like it so far. Very good early 80's vibe. If Stephen King wrote E.T. and had Steven Spielberg direct it, with input (and soundtrack) from John Carpenter, it would be something like this.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » October 5th, 2016, 6:24 pm

I really enjoyed this show, but felt that it kind of fell apart at the end. I really hope when they do season 2 its a new story with a new cast.

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » October 11th, 2016, 6:27 pm

Rookie1 wrote:I really enjoyed this show, but felt that it kind of fell apart at the end. I really hope when they do season 2 its a new story with a new cast.

Without spoiling anything, the waffle scene and the worm scene lead me to believe they'll continue with the same characters. I would be disappointed if they left those things open ended.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » October 12th, 2016, 5:36 am

Luigi & Peach wrote:
Rookie1 wrote:I really enjoyed this show, but felt that it kind of fell apart at the end. I really hope when they do season 2 its a new story with a new cast.

Without spoiling anything, the waffle scene and the worm scene lead me to believe they'll continue with the same characters. I would be disappointed if they left those things open ended.

Thats true, but a staple of 80's horror movies was to either have an unresolved and/or open ending. As they were obviously mimicking that genre, I am kind of hoping they dont continue it. If they do, hopefully they tighten up the story a bit this time around.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » March 31st, 2019, 2:27 pm

FINALLY I listened to my friends' recommendations and started watching Stranger Things!

My girlfriend and I were so hooked we finished both seasons in 2 weeks. Love the 80s style and the hearkening back to simpler times of playing outdoors and going on adventures with your friends. Can't wait for season 3!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 31st, 2019, 9:42 pm

My favorite part of Season 2 was the arcade scenes, and I liked how Dig Dug played a role in the story.

Return to “Other Media”