Nintendo NX Update

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
bluenote

Re: Nintendo NX Update

Postby bluenote » August 3rd, 2016, 10:53 am

If the Eurogamer report is true, then I'm really excited for this new console. It'll be so great to have Nintendo release one game that will be playable at home or via portable. I hate seeing a game get released on one only to wish it was released on the other. For example, the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask would have been perfect on the Wii U. Same with the new Kirby game, I would love to play that on the big screen.

Now, we should not be seeing the software drought that has plagued the Wii U and to a lesser extent the 3DS.

I think this system is going to be great!

scotland

Postby scotland » September 17th, 2016, 8:10 pm

Well, the NX is a no show in Tokyo Game Show. Actually, Nintendo did not show, and apparently that is the norm anyway. Its just that after E3, the TGS seemed like the perfect venue with lots of built in press for hype.

According to http://www.itechpost.com/articles/30615/20160917/nintendo-nx-priced-at-399-no-sign-of-the-console-at-2016-tokyo-game-show.htm the launch of March 2017 is still go. A WedBush securities analyst thought it was going to be set at $399.

Mostly then, all we still have are rumors.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » September 18th, 2016, 2:31 pm

Nintendo would be stupid to launch the NX in March. They've done such a lousy job of hyping it, and they're giving people no time to decide on whether or not the system is worth their time/investment.

I also think it's ridiculous that they didn't use E3 or TGS to show it off. The Directs are okay but who, outside of hardcore fans and gaming journalists, watches them? Far less people pay attention to Directs than the two biggest gaming conventions.

I just can't figure out what they're thinking.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » September 18th, 2016, 8:43 pm

Personally, I believe the reason they weren't at E3 and going to launch this fall is due to the games not being ready. I think the hardware is ready but the games aren't. We're approaching October and still no major announcement which makes the March date less likely.

Think about how many years they've had to work on the software. Last year they had nothing for the Wii U...this year they have next to nothing for software for the Wii U. I'm guessing it's taking them longer to either create a new Mario game or do a few more ports.

It's not like their internal studios have delivered a lot lately. Hmm, is it possible their new Mario game for the iphone has been distracting them? Who knows. I certainly agree their strategy is a bit baffling.

juhis815

Postby juhis815 » October 20th, 2016, 3:47 am

This is it!

Nintendo is set to reveal NX today, and I have link from Nintendo Life as a proof!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/1 ... th_october

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » October 20th, 2016, 7:29 am

juhis815 wrote:This is it!

Nintendo is set to reveal NX today, and I have link from Nintendo Life as a proof!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/1 ... th_october

Hope it lives up to the rumor mill.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » October 20th, 2016, 10:20 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxbK0TFN9H8

Nintendo switch. Looks good, name is kinda stupid.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » October 20th, 2016, 10:32 am

Well, here it is. Seems like its just a super portable WiiU, unless there is something im missing. Meh overall IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

bluenote

Postby bluenote » October 20th, 2016, 10:52 am

Nintendo Switch! wow! Looks absolutely fantastic! Like portable gaming? You're covered. Like console gaming with no gimmicky controllers? You're covered. Buy 1 game, can play it on a portable or console.

And, how about those removable controllers and setting the screen on a table??? Very cool! I can see me and my kids playing a game while we're at a cottage during a rainy day having set this up on the kitchen table. Or a friend and I hanging on the back deck on a summer evening and deciding to play a few rounds of Mario Kart.

I haven't been this excited about a new console in a very long time. Nintendo is back, in a big way.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » October 20th, 2016, 11:02 am

I'm with Bluenote. I've been very skeptical about it, over the past several months, but they actually delivered something that I think has the potential to be huge! I love that it takes what was great about the gamepad and turned it into something that gamers would actually want! This may be the least gimmicky thing that they've created in a long time!

Return to “Modern Gaming”