Far Cry 4?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat

Far Cry 4?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » November 8th, 2016, 9:25 am

Has anybody played Far Cry 4? I don't generally like first person shooters, but the Far Cry games have something I'm very interested in: the map editor. Make your own maps from scratch, place enemies and vehicles, create your own missions, and share them online LittleBigPlanet/Mario Maker style. If you've played the game, how well does that work? Would you recommend it?

Ferf13

Re: Far Cry 4?

Postby Ferf13 » December 3rd, 2016, 7:03 pm

I personally like the Far Cry series a lot. I have made and published 4 maps myself for the PS3 version. They are Last Stand, Zombie horde, Hold that Bridge!!!, and Ecsape Demonville, if anyone is interested in checking them out. I have 6 others in various stages of development. I find myself playing my maps multiple times and fine tuning them to my liking. I have played other people's maps on the internet, but most have invincibility on. Therefore no challenge or fun for me. Ubisoft published some maps on their own and they are fun and challenging. I wish there was a split screen option to play the map couch co-op. You might be able to network, but I haven't tried that yet.

Far cry map editor features:

Single player or Co-op online (not competitive multiplayer) Far Cry 2&3 have competitive multiplayer map editors.
Terrain type can either be random generated (can be modified) or clean slate
Objective types assault, hunt, outpost,& extraction
Up to 5 waves of enemies (total of 65)
Multiple animal types to populate map (counts as part of AI allowance)
Friendly AI (not controllable)
Lots of vehicles to choose from
Adjust water level
Adjust time of day
Adjust weather
Many modifiers to choose from
Many more features available

I plan on making more maps, even though it is time consuming. The only problem I mainly run into is having to many ideas and deciding whether to save them for another map or not. I would check out some you tube videos on the map editor to get other opinions or ideas. I hope this makes your decision easier.

Return to “Modern Gaming”