Playstation 4 console review

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Playstation 4 console review

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 9th, 2016, 7:57 pm

I posted my Playstation 4 console review. Comments welcome.

http://videogamecritic.com/ps4info.htm

Rookie1

Re: Playstation 4 console review

Postby Rookie1 » November 10th, 2016, 7:17 am

Had this game been backwords compatible, I probably would have upgraded. I dont have space for a stack of playstations though, so it was an easy pass. Especially since there are only a small handfull of "next-gen" games I want to play.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » November 10th, 2016, 9:23 am

Great review. Loved the snickers bar line. That's really too bad that because games are so big, you have to delete some. I wonder how big a problem that is to gamers. All in all, this console looks like it brings a lot of unnecessary and unwanted features, like the share button and touchpad on the controller.

I agree that backwards compatibility with ps3 games would have been ideal. I'm glad both my ps2 and ps3 play ps1 games. I play the older stuff more than the newer stuff. I can really only think of 2 games I would want to play for ps4, uncharted 4 and ratchet & clank, so the system wouldn't warrant a purchase unless it had backwards compatibility. Or I could just rebuy all my games as digital downloads and play them on ps4.

Sut

Postby Sut » November 11th, 2016, 3:18 am

Controller a D !?
Best controller since the Saturn pad.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » November 30th, 2016, 10:11 pm

There was a long thread about disc install times at another forum I visit, and the consensus seemed to be that only the Xbox One suffered from long install waits and that the complaint wasn't applicable to the Playstation 4.

They say that PS4 titles are often playable in just seconds after you've inserted a disc and that game installations rarely take more than a minute or two at the top end before you can start playing, with the installation presumably finishing in the background I'd imagine.

Is that actually not the case? The review makes it sound every bit as bad as the situation on the Xbox One where most games seem to have to be completely installed before you can start playing, where as this thread I viewed made it sound like a minor irritation at best on the PS4.

Sut

Postby Sut » December 1st, 2016, 3:20 am

I think I've raised this before in another thread. All my PS4 have background installed and I've been playing within minutes. The Critic must have just picked games that don't support this feature ? ?

OzGamer

Postby OzGamer » December 1st, 2016, 5:00 am

I don't own a PS4, but I do own an Xbox One. From what I have read the PS4 does installs games off discs quicker than the Xbox One. You'll still encounter larges patches and updates on the PS4 that you would with the Xbox One.

Sut

Postby Sut » December 1st, 2016, 6:22 am

OzGamer wrote:I don't own a PS4, but I do own an Xbox One. From what I have read the PS4 does installs games off discs quicker than the Xbox One. You'll still encounter larges patches and updates on the PS4 that you would with the Xbox One.

True but you can set up the system to download and install patches automatically when your not on the system e.g. Overnight whilst sleeping.

OzGamer

Postby OzGamer » December 1st, 2016, 5:08 pm

Sut wrote:
True but you can set up the system to download and install patches automatically when your not on the system e.g. Overnight whilst sleeping.

I should have mentioned that, however I still think it's important to reiterate for people who don't own a current console that patches and updates are a fairly common occurrence this generation.

People with slow internet speeds or data caps may be less enthusiastic about purchasing a new system if they have to spend so much time waiting for an update to install before they can play their game.

Return to “Review Feedback”