2016/11/30: Nintendo 64: Goldeneye 007, 007: The World Is Not Enough, Perfect Dark

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
charlie

Re: 2016/11/30: Nintendo 64: Goldeneye 007, 007: The World Is Not Enough, Perfect Dark

Postby charlie » December 6th, 2016, 1:52 pm

A couple questions about Golden Eye:

How many of you know/knew about the diagonal running trick? Basically you could run forward and strafe at the same time, so if you pointed diagonally where you wanted to go, you would be faster than everyone...

How many of your friends back in the day knew? I think I hid it from my roommates for about a year, they didn't get why I was so much better than them, ha ha.

Also, did any of you know anyone that could do a one-headshot-kill with a pistol across the whole large floor on the temple level? That used to drive me nuts, I could never figure it out. Within the last year my brother-in-law showed me how to do it. Basically, you give the yellow 'up' button one or two clicks, and that aims at head level. So you only have to work on lining up horizontally, then shoot.

Just curious how common these were for other people...

jon

Re: 2016/11/30: Nintendo 64: Goldeneye 007, 007: The World Is Not Enough, Perfect Dark

Postby jon » December 7th, 2016, 3:53 pm

After giving it some thought, I think the key point here is in what context one is playing Goldeneye. The optimal way is to be in a dark room by yourself. That's where I think the game is great. I played multiplayer with my friend a little while ago and it sucked and was a waste of time. But I knew that I was playing the equivalent of a bonus mode, an extra that is a cherry on top of the cake, which in no way affects the grade of the game. The way the game (single player mode) mixes levels from the 1980's taking place in the old Soviet Union to 1995 is very interesting. There is one protagonist in this game, which makes it one player.

Return to “Review Feedback”