Resident Evil 2 (GBA)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
scotland

Resident Evil 2 (GBA)

Postby scotland » February 7th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Its not a game. Its at best an early demo. However, the graphics are eye catching for a GBA. Well, maybe 'eye gouging' is a better term. The intro is nice, but thats hardly impressive. What there is of the game is just a few pages long. All the zombies look like a skinny Luke Cage, and cannot be killed, even though you have endless bullets. If there is anything past the 3 zombie Cage clones in the alley, I can't get past it. The zombies make a crunch like that old Doritos commercial, and a bit of red splashes up, then you get a "You Died". Mildly amusing curiosity.

Rev

Re: Resident Evil 2 (GBA)

Postby Rev » February 7th, 2017, 11:01 pm

If anyone is curious SSFF covers this game on his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xguGtRw-zN8

This is definitely an interesting game. It is obviously a game that was really early along and looks pretty interesting. I love watching developers push consoles way past their capabilities. I don't know how playable it would have been if it even got finished but making 3D happen on the GBA is pretty interesting.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » February 8th, 2017, 7:10 am

I loved RE2. I remember getting it on a demo disc from a PS magazine, only to find out that you can basically unlock the entire game via a gameshark. Me and my friend Kyle spent hours and hours trying to make our way through glitchy levels and numerous crashes just to see what we could expect months prior to the game being released.

This seems like the most ported game of all time. Its has been on every major console, handheld, and random thing like Game.Com since its release. Its crazy. Just goes to how great of a game it was when everyone was trying to get it on their platform to cash in on it.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » February 9th, 2017, 4:32 pm

I have the game on the N64, but I just so happen to have one of the copies that RAN OUT OF SAVE DATA which is wonderful. Can't believe Capcom did that crap.

Return to “Now Playing”