So I finally purchased a Wii U. . .

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
MrLuck87

Re: So I finally purchased a Wii U. . .

Postby MrLuck87 » February 17th, 2017, 2:16 am

Rookie1 wrote:
MrLuck87 wrote:
Whatever. I'm wasting my time posting on this forum. The reviews here are less reliable than Gamespot's to be honest.

By Felisha!

The great thing is I won 75 bucks tonight! Spend your money on stupid bull(puckey because this is a clean forum)

It's actually hilarious to me watching....

Moderator Edit: We don't need long flame posts. Lets try to play nice and remember video games are just a fun hobby.

Voor

Postby Voor » February 17th, 2017, 10:41 am

Seriously, the OP bought a Wii U and is happy--not sure why that's such a problem for you. He got everything he wanted for half it would have cost otherwise. Sounds like a good decision to me.

So.....the only console I had for years was a GameCube. Sold it and now I miss it. Thinking of grabbing another, but would a Wii be a better choice?

bluenote

Postby bluenote » February 17th, 2017, 11:28 am

Voor wrote:Seriously, the OP bought a Wii U and is happy--not sure why that's such a problem for you. He got everything he wanted for half it would have cost otherwise. Sounds like a good decision to me.

So.....the only console I had for years was a GameCube. Sold it and now I miss it. Thinking of grabbing another, but would a Wii be a better choice?

I'd definately get the Wii. It's backwards compatible with Gamecube, so now you can play Gamecube and Wii games. Plus, you can use the component cables to get better video quality on the Wii for your old Gamecube games.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » February 17th, 2017, 12:05 pm

Voor wrote:So.....the only console I had for years was a GameCube. Sold it and now I miss it. Thinking of grabbing another, but would a Wii be a better choice?

Just get a Wii instead. It will probably be around the same price (the Wii may very well be cheaper, check Craiglist and local papers for families selling their Wii that's been gathering dust since they tired of playing Wii Sports), you get access to both the Gamecube and the surprisingly robust Wii libraries, component cables are readily available for the Wii (as opposed to the rare and expensive Gamecube component cables) and you can hack your Wii quite easily (so you can install emulators, play Wii and Gamecubes off of a hard drive and plenty of other cool stuff).

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » February 17th, 2017, 12:39 pm

I would say wii as well. It might be cheaper as well, although I believe gamecubes were really cheap at one point. You also get access to the wii library. I bought a used GC to use it with my game boy player (which are pretty expensive, and they all seem to be missing the boot disc.)

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » February 17th, 2017, 10:26 pm

I found a GC at the GoodWill for $5 a few years back, and got a Wii for $6.50 at a local thrift shop a few months ago. If you can get a Wii for $20 or less, its worth every penny.

MrLuck87

Postby MrLuck87 » February 18th, 2017, 1:17 am

Voor wrote:Seriously, the OP bought a Wii U and is happy--not sure why that's such a problem for you.

Not sure why pointing out a Switch might have been a better value, especially if he can get a refund, is a big deal to everyone else here.

But that's my malfunction!

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » February 19th, 2017, 8:41 am

MrLuck87 wrote:
Voor wrote:Seriously, the OP bought a Wii U and is happy--not sure why that's such a problem for you.

Not sure why pointing out a Switch might have been a better value, especially if he can get a refund, is a big deal to everyone else here.

But that's my malfunction!

But its not a better deal though. Say I buy a Switch. Thats $300 +$60 for the game. So now, for $360 I get a switch and one game. Or, for the $400 I have spent so far I got a WiiU, the same Zelda game I would have got for the Switch + now 6 other games.

I dont understand your reasoning.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » February 19th, 2017, 9:28 pm

If it's of any help to anyone, Wii U accessories are all now on clearance at Wal-Mart. Picked up a spare 1st party nunchuk for $15 and a 1st party Mario themed Wiimote that matches my Hori GCN style gamepad for $30 (I'd of preferred black, but didn't find one at two different Wal-Mart's). I believe MSRP has traditionally been $20 and $40 for these, respectively.

I passed on it for now since I already own one with low mileage put on it so far and with a built-in battery that might not age well sitting in storage until the day comes that I wear out my current controller, but Pro Controllers were $37, I believe. I think I paid $50 for mine a couple of years ago. This in particular might be attractive to some, given the rise of poor quality counterfeits that makes buying used or from 3rd party sellers online a chancy proposition.

No sign of games dropping as of yet. Hoping to see Super Mario Maker, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Paper Mario, and Star Fox be clearanced out soon.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » February 19th, 2017, 9:52 pm

Atariboy,

I too have been watching game prices like a hawk. I'm thinking any day now retailers are going to try to liquidate their Wii U stocks to make room for the Switch. Hoping to get at least $10-$20 off of titles I don't own. Sometimes 3rd party titles can be picked up for cheap at places like Target and Wal Mart.

Return to “Modern Gaming”