John Wick 2

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Rev

John Wick 2

Postby Rev » February 12th, 2017, 1:48 pm

I saw this last night, absolutely awesome action flick! If you haven't seen the first one go watch that (also very good) then go see this. It's crazy that this movie has very few showings but fifty shades darker (which is getting panned by critics) has like a billion showings. Anyway, if you like action movies this is a must see.

matmico399

Re: John Wick 2

Postby matmico399 » February 12th, 2017, 3:35 pm

There was a John Wick 1?

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » February 13th, 2017, 2:24 pm

The first John Wick was one of those out-of-nowhere surprises for me - no bloat or filler (15 minutes to set everything up and then get out of the way), lots of practical effects and stuntwork, an interesting background story (the society of assassins with their own rules and code of behavior), and Keanu Reeves actually being cool again! Hopefully I'll get to see the sequel this Thursday.

Sut

Postby Sut » February 13th, 2017, 3:38 pm

Yes John Wick 1 was definitely a sleeper hit. Best action film I've seen in ages.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » February 16th, 2017, 10:26 pm

Saw John Wick 2 tonight and was very entertained. They definitely upped the ante in terms of over-the-top action (in particular an ongoing battle with an assassin/bodyguard named Cassian, played by the rapper Common) and go much more in-depth with the worldwide underground society of assassins (especially liked the old-school switchboard communication system), although I missed the simplicity and focus of the original film. I didn't care for the end at first (since it's basically just a set-up for the final film) but it certainly shakes things up and makes you wonder what John Wick can even do under the circumstances.

Sut wrote:Yes John Wick 1 was definitely a sleeper hit. Best action film I've seen in ages.

Did you see either of The Raid films? They some of the most outrageous, bone-crunching fight scenes I've ever seen.

Sut

Postby Sut » February 17th, 2017, 1:21 pm

velcrozombie wrote:Did you see either of The Raid films? They some of the most outrageous, bone-crunching fight scenes I've ever seen.

No I haven't thanks for the suggestion, sometimes you just want to turn your brain off as enjoy some action. Will check them out.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » March 9th, 2017, 2:58 pm

Saw it last night and wasn't too impressed. John Wick was badass, but this sequel had so much corny James Bond/Da Vinci Code/Pirates of the Caribbean crap stinking it up, and there wasn't a single action sequence as cool and kinetic as the nightclub from the first movie. It was nice to see Laurence Fishburne and Keanu Reeves together again, though.

velcrozombie wrote:I missed the simplicity and focus of the original film.

Exactly. That was a movie about John Wick. This was a movie about everyone else.

Rev

Postby Rev » March 9th, 2017, 4:58 pm

I agree that the first movie is better but I thought there were two killer action sequences I this movie- at the club and against all the assassins after him. I thought it was still as very enjoyable film for the action.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » March 10th, 2017, 7:59 am

A lamentable sequel. I was surprised at how they wanted to make another samurai movie featuring the one. Time has not been kind to the one. Whereas in the Matrix all the unkillable antics of the one were applauded now it is like... oh please... what he is unkillable again Amazing low brainer should be its catch phrase...
It is more like JW 0.5..

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » March 10th, 2017, 10:49 am

Though to the original poster. Thanks for the views and I am glad you liked it.

Return to “Other Media”