Wonder Woman 2017 has redeemed the DC cinematic universe!

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Sonicx9

Wonder Woman 2017 has redeemed the DC cinematic universe!

Postby Sonicx9 » June 5th, 2017, 12:42 am

Wonder Woman 2017 movie has came to save the day and is the best movie from the DC cinematic universe bar none. I will not explain the movie for spoiler reasons, but just go see it people, you will not be disappointed because now I can stop making fun of the infamous Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice now that the DC cinematic universe is saved!

Others thoughts on this film?

Sut

Re: Wonder Woman 2017 has redeemed the DC cinematic universe!

Postby Sut » June 5th, 2017, 3:09 pm

To be honest I was going to give this a miss as I find Wonder Woman as a hero more than a little cheesy.
However the response to the film is overwhelmingly positive so my next day off (whenever that may be) will be a trip to the picture house.

Rev

Postby Rev » June 5th, 2017, 6:00 pm

I saw this yesterday, was a pretty good film. Until the final battle I was really enjoying the film, and then suddenly the last 20 minutes pulled out the usual "so-and-so was the villain all along" spiel and it knocked the movie down a few pegs. Still, was an enjoyable movie and was nothing to complain about. I'm not a fan of Wonder Woman but this movie did a good job. B+

Voor

Postby Voor » June 5th, 2017, 7:45 pm

Me too man. I watched Inception the other day, me one remarkable thing was that there were no "easy " surprises or tricks like that. Sure, they had some unforeseen obstacles, but they weren't cheesy.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » June 5th, 2017, 8:49 pm

My wife arranged us babysitting to see this tomorrow. The local cinema gets one movie a week (playing for multiple nights, obviously), so we generally go to every movie that comes in. The interesting part is that my wife made all the arrangements for this one, so it seems like she is more stoked to see it than me. I have to admit, I'm not quite excited (despite being a huge DC fan) because it looks pretty "Captain America in the War" to me, which is not my favourite super hero setting. Still, I'll likely like it, it's just not something I'm hyped up for at all.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » June 7th, 2017, 6:03 am

My review: Best DC movie since "The Dark Knight." I loved it. It is the most Marvel DC movie yet. It's serious when it needs to be serious, cliche when it needs to be cliche, has a sense of humour, and actually makes you feel like a super hero is a good person. If they make the rest of the Justice League stuff more like this, I may actually want to watch DC somewhere besides TV again.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » June 7th, 2017, 8:52 am

Funny you mention your wife. Mine asked me if I wanted to see it this weekend as well. I'm looking forward to it as, frankly, I felt Captain America was one of the best Marvel movies.

Return to “Other Media”