Do Joycons charge in Sleep mode?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Do Joycons charge in Sleep mode?

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 2nd, 2017, 10:58 am

This seems like a really basic question that should have been answered in a proper instruction manual.
I'm assuming my controllers are charging in sleep mode, but there's no light indicators to confirm this.
I've seen people discussing this on forums but nothing official.

MoarRipter

Re: Do Joycons charge in Sleep mode?

Postby MoarRipter » July 4th, 2017, 2:06 pm

It does when the console is docked and in sleep mode. It doesn't appear to charge them in sleep mode if the console is not docked or otherwise plugged in.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 5th, 2017, 10:19 pm

The fact that I need to ask is really an indictment of the new industry mindset "let's save a few bucks by not providing a manual and let them hunt around for answers on the internet instead".

MoarRipter

Postby MoarRipter » July 7th, 2017, 7:58 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:The fact that I need to ask is really an indictment of the new industry mindset "let's save a few bucks by not providing a manual and let them hunt around for answers on the internet instead".

Yeah I thought it was humorous that the Switch had no instructions other than small pictures on the box flap but the NES Classic included a manual done in a retro look and even a poster. But I guess when a company only makes 1,000 units of an item, they can afford to include manuals and posters...

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » July 10th, 2017, 6:40 am

MoarRipter wrote:
VideoGameCritic wrote:The fact that I need to ask is really an indictment of the new industry mindset "let's save a few bucks by not providing a manual and let them hunt around for answers on the internet instead".

Yeah I thought it was humorous that the Switch had no instructions other than small pictures on the box flap but the NES Classic included a manual done in a retro look and even a poster. But I guess when a company only makes 1,000 units of an item, they can afford to include manuals and posters...

They made more than 1,000 switches? Could have fooled me! :lol:

Return to “Modern Gaming”