Sega making some moves. Subscription service?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sut

Re: Sega making some moves. Subscription service?

Postby Sut » June 24th, 2017, 3:45 am

I've now downloaded all 5 titles, and as reported there is frame / audio issues. The only title that seems to work flawlessly is Sonic.

I get why Sega is releasing on mobile as they are a business and are there to make money. However the App Store reviews are very mixed once again not helping to reinstate their reputation.

This really should have been released on the consoles first, then mobile once they got the emulation down.

Almost classic Sega great innovative idea, implementation not always great.

Tron

Postby Tron » June 24th, 2017, 11:54 pm

Mobile and subscription = pass

Put <Golden Axe: The Reveng of Death Adder> in stores on PS4 and I'll gladly give Sega $60 plus tax.

Or how about a new Shining Force game. I'd pay full price for that too.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » June 25th, 2017, 1:29 pm

I knew they'd screw this up, the moment that the rumors started circulating! I mean, how hard would it have been to put together a somewhat comprehensive service acknowledging your ENTIRE history? How have games like Virtua Fighter been ignored for so long? How many times can they port Virtua Fighter 2 for the MD? Whatever happened to Virtua On? Having access to some of the obscurities from the 32X/Sega CD libraries would be nice!

Actually, I would trade all of it for the Shenmue HD collection! I wish they would stop playing coy and tell fans, one way or the other, because I'm really starting to think that it's never going to happen!

envytomdead

Postby envytomdead » July 13th, 2017, 12:18 pm

I downloaded Altered Beast and Comix Zone. I am seeing the frame rate issues but overall I think they are still fun and the lag doesn't hurt the experience too much. That being said I wouldn't pay for them in this state but for free I am not complaining. Hopefully they will resolve the emulation issues. These are great for when I have to kill some time and all I have is my phone.

mbd36

Postby mbd36 » July 13th, 2017, 11:05 pm

This just looks like a Sega making a quick buck on garbage designed to give non-gamers who wouldn't notice the difference a few minutes of nostalgia. Forget about it.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » July 15th, 2017, 8:18 am

I downloaded 4 of the 5. Dont care about phantasy star. I figured the controls would suck, never been a fan of the touch screen stuff, but its not too terrible I guess. I played altered beast and kid chameleon with no issues. Comic Zone was pretty rough though. Super laggy which resulted in cheap hits. I wouldnt pay for these, especially when I can get the roms on my phone that do a better job.

Return to “Modern Gaming”