Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney DS

The readers post their own reviews.
m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » November 4th, 2006, 11:39 am

[QUOTE=Conn]As much as it would rule, I'm holding out on importing it for one reason; Capcom USA makes no money off it. Now I know this sounds a bit weird, but if Phoenix Wright 2 doesn't do as well as they hoped, I highly doubt Gyakuten 3- which easily looks the best from a glance (GODOT!!)- and the upcoming Gyakuten Saiban 4 will be translations. I doubt Capcom Japan would port Gyakuten Saiban 3 for no reason AND translate it- the Japanese Phoenix Wright 2 is merely replacing the text (and a few images) with the already-written script. Easy money!)[/QUOTE]

I agree with your reasoning completely.  I want Capcom to be motivated to release more of these games in the States.  If it were an inordinate amount of time before it was released in the States, I would go ahead and import it, but I would still purchase the US version to make it clear that I am part of the American and not the Japanese audience.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » November 4th, 2006, 12:41 pm

[QUOTE] I thought the game was terrible[/QUOTE]

Well you wouldn't be shawn if you had taste so this sounds about right.  Any way, great game good review.  The second game is my most anticipated DS game by a long shot.

Johnson73

Postby Johnson73 » November 4th, 2006, 12:47 pm

[QUOTE=feilong80]

If I'm not mistaken, I think PW 1 has an extra episode the Japanese version doesn't have.

[/QUOTE]

The Japanese version contains all five episodes.  I imported it because I couldn't find it anywhere, but I'm holding off on importing the sequel for the reasons Conn listed.

I completely agree with your review, by the way.

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » November 4th, 2006, 1:11 pm

Yeah, it was the original GBA game that didn't have the fifth episode. It being added to the DS remake is also the reason why it relies on the DS' features a lot more than the 4 other episodes.

a1

Postby a1 » November 4th, 2006, 1:15 pm

[QUOTE=sega saturn x]

Well you wouldn't be shawn if you had taste so this sounds about right.  Any way, great game good review.  The second game is my most anticipated DS game by a long shot.

[/QUOTE]

That's not fair. I hate point and click adventures so I bet this game would bore me, too. Its dumb that Shawn doesn't like the DS entirely, but don't attack him for not liking one game (there are so many other reasons). Also, maybe the game is great, but is it really your most anticipated game by a long shot? Have you not heard of Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, and Yoshi's Island 2?

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » November 4th, 2006, 1:54 pm

[QUOTE=a][QUOTE=sega saturn x]

[/QUOTE]

That's not fair. I hate point and click adventures so I bet this game would bore me, too. Its dumb that Shawn doesn't like the DS entirely, but don't attack him for not liking one game (there are so many other reasons). Also, maybe the game is great, but is it really your most anticipated game by a long shot? Have you not heard of Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, and Yoshi's Island 2?

[/QUOTE]

I'll buy all three of those games but PW>metroid vania and yoshi island.  Really the games are that good, even if you don't like point and clicks it very enjoyable.  I can't stand myst types games but PW is heads and shoulders above the others.

a1

Postby a1 » November 4th, 2006, 10:31 pm

Maybe I'll give it a try if I see it used somewhere then.

Shawn

Postby Shawn » November 6th, 2006, 6:43 am

I knew that Saturn was going to give some sort of immature response, I guess he can't help himself. It is really pathetic when people disagree with one another and the response is "he has poor taste"! Wow! Very enlightening! My guess is that Saturn is a kid but if that is the case then the good news is that he has plenty of years to grow up. Because he needs it. At least when I disagreed with the reviewer I gave some pretty good examples of why I thought he was wrong. I just didn't blurt out "your review sucks!" The bottom line is the game was boring as hell, it's pretty much that simple.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » November 8th, 2006, 10:13 pm

[QUOTE=Shawn]

I knew that Saturn was going to give some sort of immature response, I guess he can't help himself. It is really pathetic when people disagree with one another and the response is "he has poor taste"! Wow! Very enlightening! My guess is that Saturn is a kid but if that is the case then the good news is that he has plenty of years to grow up. Because he needs it. At least when I disagreed with the reviewer I gave some pretty good examples of why I thought he was wrong. I just didn't blurt out "your review sucks!" The bottom line is the game was boring as hell, it's pretty much that simple.

[/QUOTE]

To be blunt I, nor anyone else here cares what you think.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » November 15th, 2006, 1:38 pm

[QUOTE=sega saturn x][QUOTE=Shawn]

[/QUOTE]

To be blunt I, nor anyone else here cares what you think.

[/QUOTE]

I care, truly, madly, deeply.  Isn't that a song and a really crappy one at that?  It is awfully darn funny that whenever anyone states an opinion on this forum someone decides to slam him for it, often with no constructive criticisms as to why they disagree.  Disagree all you want, but at least provide something better than *you suxors*. 

Return to “Reader Reviews”