NFL Football viewership down

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Gleebergloben123

Re: NFL Football viewership down

Postby Gleebergloben123 » September 26th, 2017, 11:44 pm

I come here to escape politics too. Seems to be a potentially political thread as well.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » September 28th, 2017, 10:38 pm

Gleebergloben123 wrote:I come here to escape politics too. Seems to be a potentially political thread as well.

Yeah, no kidding! I used to talk football with my customers to build rapport. Not anymore. This morning my client turned that conversation into politics real quick, and naturally my company doesn't want us talking about that.

Hopefully they like baseball!

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » September 29th, 2017, 1:27 am

Oh suuuuurrreeee, I complain about a threat being political (when it actually was) and I get nothing but complaints. But this thread which could be "possibly" political has consensus that it is? Gimme a break!

Voor

Postby Voor » September 29th, 2017, 5:19 pm

Robotrek wrote:Oh suuuuurrreeee, I complain about a threat being political (when it actually was) and I get nothing but complaints. But this thread which could be "possibly" political has consensus that it is? Gimme a break!

Eh, it's just the Internet. Not a real thing.

OzGamer

Postby OzGamer » October 1st, 2017, 7:39 pm

Robotrek wrote:Oh suuuuurrreeee, I complain about a threat being political (when it actually was) and I get nothing but complaints. But this thread which could be "possibly" political has consensus that it is? Gimme a break!

I think that's because most people agree that paying respect on 9/11 isn't political, it's about remembering innocent people who died needlessly in the attacks.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » October 1st, 2017, 8:41 pm

See this is exactly why I got so upset. My wife and I just got into a political argument watching football. My clients turn football into politics. That's all you ever hear about when you mention football now; politics, politics, politics!

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » October 2nd, 2017, 1:02 pm

It's not as fun anymore. I still watch the Falcons but that's about the only game on Sunday for me. Since I was in my early 20's (and I am about The Critics age) I have always found college ball much more exciting. The pageantry, the luv of the game......to me it can't be beat.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » October 2nd, 2017, 2:52 pm

Why do you give a crap?

Herschie

Postby Herschie » October 3rd, 2017, 8:53 am

Now this whole Vegas shooting. You'd think we'd be hearing condolences to the families. I can't even imagine what they are going through. But no! We hear politics. Calls for gun control. Rumors that he's ANTIFA. Same thing with Puerto Rico. It's sad what has happened. In the past, I don't recall everything being so political all the time.

scotland

Postby scotland » October 3rd, 2017, 10:06 am

Politics and sports have always gone together - whether its the moden Olympics, or Joe Louis vs Max Schmeling in 1938 or Jackie Robinson in 1947.

However, I'm an older gamer, so I am reminded of when I was a kid and things seemed very political in the early 70s.

I could write a lot, but I'll just say that it all seems familiar to 45 years ago - the political and social commentary in comedy, all the various movements, the lack of faith in the gov't, very deep divides across the country, and even in sports - all caught up in the changing times. Its not a coincidence a movie about the 1973 Billy Jean King 'Battle of the Sexes' tennis match came out in 2017.

Return to “Other Media”