2017/10/4: Genesis: Addams Family, The, Tinhead

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2017/10/4: Genesis: Addams Family, The, Tinhead

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 4th, 2017, 8:15 pm

Here's another Halloween game review (soon to be added to the Halloween special).
Comments?

Stalvern

Re: 2017/10/4: Genesis: Addams Family, The, Tinhead

Postby Stalvern » October 5th, 2017, 10:58 am

Your thoughts on Tinhead pretty much mirror mine. A solid little game, even with a couple flies in the ointment. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

Typo: "recycle ideas" instead of "recycled ideas"

bigladiesman

Re: 2017/10/4: Genesis: Addams Family, The, Tinhead

Postby bigladiesman » April 28th, 2019, 1:21 pm

Wow, I DO love The Addams Family on the MD! It's one of those nifty Euro-platformers by Ocean with all kinds of everything out to get you and end your puny existence. The very kind of game we Eurogamers were used to.
Graphically pleasant if quite simple, with a Gómez that looks very much like John Astin (he isn't Raúl Julia at all) and a great variety of levels. Sound-wise, the stairwell theme is an earworm that I still hum from time to time, but the rest is VERY monotonous, both music and FX, and ends up being annoying.
This game is difficult. At least for me. Even paying a visit to Pugsley's Den or the chimney to get about 50 lives won't be enough to warrant a breezing pass. You'll end up frustrated time and time again, and once you get a hold of the gameplay the replay value is limited. But in the meantime, if you like classic platforming, you'll have a blast. It's simple, happy-go-lucky fun.

On a sidenote, the Game Boy version of Pugsley’s Scavenger Hunt is a port of this game instead of the SNES game of the same title. This one is somewhat easier, has no in-game music and is visually uglier than Marty Feldman eating lemons, but, still, is quite entertaining.

Return to “Review Feedback”