Sonic Forces:The Worst Game Of 2017? (SPOILERS)

General and high profile video game topics.
TheBlondeGamePunk3

Sonic Forces:The Worst Game Of 2017? (SPOILERS)

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » November 6th, 2017, 11:43 am

:idea: Well, This is kind of a rant post but more of an observer post as well, Having just gotten off my system playing some of Sonic Forces.. Jesus Christ have I never experienced such suffering and pain since playing 2005's Bomberman:Act Zero and Sonic 2006 but here I am with probably the worst game of this year, More so than Life Of Black Tiger.

The story, Is there ever was one doesn't make any sense and it.. Doesn't even make logic make sense when you play through it's just shooting up things and rushing through levels A-la Shadow The Hedgehog (who has a pre-quel dlc, on day one) The controls are a mess and generally this game isn't exactly much to show for. Boss fights and constant repetitive stages made me quit after about thirty minutes and I'm glad I didn't pre-order this crap.. I'm waiting for The Sims 4.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sut

Re: Sonic Forces:The Worst Game Of 2017? (SPOILERS)

Postby Sut » November 6th, 2017, 4:38 pm

Polygon gave it an average review of 5/10 however the long running Famitsu gave it a positive 35/40.

I’m sure it will get jumped on like a lot of Sonic releases. but I’ll wait for more reviews before throwing it under the bus.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » November 6th, 2017, 7:40 pm

There is no way that Sonic Forces is worse than Life of Black Tiger. They aren't even in the same universe.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » November 7th, 2017, 12:39 am

Not sure there exists negative bias for Sonic, Sonic Mania was a recent and good game that reviewed fairly. Sonic has a classic heritage, just never transitioned well to 3D. Important to note that reviews are to serve as a guide, plenty of games out there review poorly but establish a fanbase nonetheless. There are also plenty of games that score highly by critics, i.e. Persona 5, that some folks detest (in a genuine non trollworthy manner). No substitute for individual taste. I am willing to give Sonic Forces it's day in court although the signs do not look promising for it.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » November 8th, 2017, 10:24 am

Reviews are trickling in. I thought the preview footage looked like a duller Generations, and that apparently wasn't too far off. I was cautiously hopeful that the actual game would turn out to be more substantial than it seemed, but that's not what people are saying. Go forward. Go fast. Mash X until you win (or tap it when you get to a QTE). Even the basics of movement are supposed to be a weird mess, which is baffling when Sonic Team has been making and remaking this game since Unleashed and should have those mechanics polished to a mirror shine. A least the character creator will let me finally play a Sonic game as Felix the Cat.

Sut

Postby Sut » November 9th, 2017, 2:48 pm

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... er-reviews

Seems to be a disparity between critic reviews and user reviews now. User reviews are a respectable 7.3 so worst game of the year is wide of the mark.

I don’t think it’s got the quality of Generations or Colors but it’s no Rise of Lyric or Sonic 06 either.

Return to “Video Games General”