Console Holiday 2017 Shopping Guide

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
newmodelarmy

Re: Console Holiday 2017 Shopping Guide

Postby newmodelarmy » November 18th, 2017, 7:33 am

Good article. I would recommend adding the sales prices for the Xbox One and PS4. They are dirt cheap with some stores selling them for under $200.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » November 19th, 2017, 10:39 am

newmodelarmy wrote:Good article. I would recommend adding the sales prices for the Xbox One and PS4. They are dirt cheap with some stores selling them for under $200.

That is a very good point.

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » November 19th, 2017, 3:26 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:PS4 was released in November 2013, not February 2013: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_4

And I agree that the PS4 is not spectacular!

The Nintendo Switch puts both the PS4/Xbox One to shame in terms of exclusives/fun!

You are kidding right? After Mario and Zelda what do you have? I love the Switch but the PS4 has many more exclusive and third party titles, it is not even close. Keep in mind that I am really enjoying the Switch but I am struggling to find other games to play other than Mario or Zelda. The Switch Eshop is filled with old games found on other systems.

Has anybody played Splatoon? I have read mixed things about that title.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » November 27th, 2017, 9:52 pm

newmodelarmy wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:PS4 was released in November 2013, not February 2013: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_4

And I agree that the PS4 is not spectacular!

The Nintendo Switch puts both the PS4/Xbox One to shame in terms of exclusives/fun!

You are kidding right? After Mario and Zelda what do you have? I love the Switch but the PS4 has many more exclusive and third party titles, it is not even close. Keep in mind that I am really enjoying the Switch but I am struggling to find other games to play other than Mario or Zelda. The Switch Eshop is filled with old games found on other systems.

Has anybody played Splatoon? I have read mixed things about that title.

I disagree, I think the PS4/Xbox One are very underwhelming and unimpressive manly due to the libraries not being all that exciting. I mean dave the video game critic said it best with this post back in 2015.:"I'm going with the Playstation 4! While it's certainly a well-designed next gen system, its library is somewhat modest with very few (if any) must-have titles." "In addition, I have never been a fan of the controllers." "They cramp my hands and that touch pad is worthless."

"And yet I heard this console is outpacing the PS2!"

This is from the What video game system's success shocked you? post from 2015: viewtopic.php?f=5084&t=13944&p=139868&hilit=must+have#p139868

And I am not the only one just like Dave The Video Game Critic. Rich of ReviewTechUSA also thinks the Nintendo Switch is better then the PS4/Xbox One and that I also agree with him on as well.

And now that the Nintendo Switch is powerful enough to handle most of the less demanding 3rd party games that are not ultra demanding AAA games. My reasons to get it are become less, especially with Nintendo exclusive being more appealing by comparison.

The only real must have exclusives are Sony PlayStation in house franchises and games/JRPGS and the rest being multiplatform games that you can get on PC/other systems like the Nintendo Switch/Xbox One/Wii U, and even sometimes the PS3/Xbox 360/PS Vita/3DS and New 3DS. That is not what I call an impressive console their, especially if you are more of a fan of mid size games/indies and Arcade action which the Nintendo Switch deliverers perfectly! Yes, I know that the PS4 has games that I have mentioned in that style, but mark my words in 2 to 3 years most of the less demanding 3rd party games from the PS4/Xbox One will be ported on the Nintendo Switch and will be just fine!

Return to “Review Feedback”