Nintendo 3DS games for 2018

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
CaptainCruch

Nintendo 3DS games for 2018

Postby CaptainCruch » December 17th, 2017, 9:58 am

I love my 3DS and it's probably the device I played most games on last year. So, it's sad to see 2018 will almost certainly be the last year for Nintendo's last true handheld game device (I consider the Switch more a classic console). Be, it seems there still will be some games to to look forward to (even for people like me who don't like JRPGs):

Shovel Knight: King of Cards - The last extension of the fantastic retro inspired platform game...
Shakedown: Hawaii - From the makers of Retro City Rampage, this seems like a similar game.
Jake Hunter Detective Story: Ghost of the Dusk - a continuation of the DS games, a very atmospheric visual novel (but hopefully with a little more exciting gameplay)
Detective Pikachu - another adventure game, that was already released in 2016 in Japan, seems to get an English translation soon in 2018.

That's it, I guess. Then the 3DS will be over?

LoganRuckman

Re: Nintendo 3DS games for 2018

Postby LoganRuckman » December 20th, 2017, 12:50 am

Yeah sadly, it seems like the 3DS has reached its dying days. But we can take solace in the fact that, despite a bad start, the 3DS has had a fantastic run, and in my opinion, has amassed one of the very best libraries of any system ever released, handheld or not. And if you want to be positive, this means that their sole focus will now be the Switch (aside from a few mobile games). This will be the first time Nintendo has focused solely on one console since before the OG Game Boy was released. That should mean that the Switch will have the best first part support of any Nintendo system, at least in terms of output and quantity.

CharlieR

Re: Nintendo 3DS games for 2018

Postby CharlieR » January 6th, 2018, 5:22 pm

I just downloaded a demo for Kirby: Battle Royale, releasing this month. This seems like it will be a pretty cool game, and you can use classic Kirby abilities in battle.

Return to “Modern Gaming”