Question to Dave the Video Game Critic about the PS4?

General and high profile video game topics.
Sonicx9

Question to Dave the Video Game Critic about the PS4?

Postby Sonicx9 » December 20th, 2017, 10:40 pm

Hi Critic,

I wanted to ask a question about if you think the PS4 is really overacted and unspectacular compared to the Nintendo Switch. Because from the sound of things you are not that big of a fan of the console. Here are examples below.

You say the PS4 is not spectacular.: http://videogamecritic.com/extras/info/holiday2017.htm

And this quot from 2015: viewtopic.php?f=5084&t=13944&p=139868&hilit=must+have#p139868 "I'm going with the Playstation 4! While it's certainly a well-designed next gen system, its library is somewhat modest with very few (if any) must-have titles. In addition, I have never been a fan of the controllers. They cramp my hands and that touch pad is worthless."

"And yet I heard this console is outpacing the PS2!"

Can you explain critic your two cents based on these things you say?

Atarifever

Re: Question to Dave the Video Game Critic about the PS4?

Postby Atarifever » December 21st, 2017, 5:51 am

He has a pretty comprehensive rundown of his thoughts here:

http://videogamecritic.com/ps4info.htm

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 21st, 2017, 8:26 pm

Considering I can never figure out how to turn the PS4 off, well-designed is probably not a good adjective. "Capable" would probably be a better word.

While not spectacular, the PS4 was at the right place at the right time. Recall it launched the same year as the Xbox One, which had a HORRIBLE launch that Microsoft is still trying to recover from. Meanwhile Nintendo was not getting much traction with its Wii U due to a number of factors.

Gaming is more popular than ever, and people still like the idea of consoles, so the PS4 became the go-to console of the generation.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » December 21st, 2017, 10:30 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Considering I can never figure out how to turn the PS4 off, well-designed is probably not a good adjective. "Capable" would probably be a better word.

While not spectacular, the PS4 was at the right place at the right time. Recall it launched the same year as the Xbox One, which had a HORRIBLE launch that Microsoft is still trying to recover from. Meanwhile Nintendo was not getting much traction with its Wii U due to a number of factors.

Gaming is more popular than ever, and people still like the idea of consoles, so the PS4 became the go-to console of the generation.

But critic will you agree that the PS4 is somewhat overrated when compared to other systems like Dreamcast, Wii U ,etc. I also think the Nintendo Switch is better then the PS4 as it is more unique as Nintendo/Sega consoles tend to focus on uniqueness compared to PlayStation and Xbox which focus on efficiency, agree/disagree critic?

Sut

Postby Sut » December 22nd, 2017, 3:47 am

Not sure how you can objectively say the Switch is better than the PS4 especially at this point. I believe your thinking is swayed because the Switch is new and fresh and the PS4 is 4 years old at this point.

But looking at the game libraries there really is no comparison PS4 just like the PS2 before it really has you covered in all genres.

Are you going to keep asking the same question until the Critic agrees with you ? :P

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » December 22nd, 2017, 9:10 am

Sonic I like You but I’ve noticed you always like best whatever is the latest and the greatest....

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » December 22nd, 2017, 12:17 pm

matmico399 wrote:Sonic I like You but I’ve noticed you always like best whatever is the latest and the greatest....

It is nothing to do with liking the latest and the greatest, it is more because that system is my cup of tea compared to the PS4 and Xbox One becuase it has lots of cartoony platformers and has the most apealing exclusives compared to the two other systems. I also like the portability aspect/cartridges aspect as it gives an old school feel missing in modern consoles. Also I agree 100% with Dave the Video Game Critic and Rich from ReviewTechUSA about the Nintendo Switch being better then the PS4/Xbox One because of exclusives (Nintendo in house games), and it does not sufffer the annoying installs which would drive me mad! Also I am not a big fan of Western AAA games and prefer less demanding titles so the Nintendo Switch gets me coverd, and that is why I prefer it over the other two systems. Has nothing to do with liking the latest and the greatest. My favorite old video game console is the Sega Dreamcast which the Nintendo Switch is trying to bring back the fun in video games that we have not seen sense that console disband.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » December 22nd, 2017, 2:00 pm

I def don’t want the XBox One. I was thinking the PS4 probably, but I will say the Switch is certainly intriguing.

scotland

Postby scotland » December 22nd, 2017, 2:13 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:
matmico399 wrote:Sonic I like You but I’ve noticed you always like best whatever is the latest and the greatest....

It is nothing to do with liking the latest and the greatest, it is more because that system is my cup of tea compared to the PS4 and Xbox One becuase it has lots of cartoony platformers and has the most apealing exclusives compared to the two other systems. I also like the portability aspect/cartridges aspect as it gives an old school feel missing in modern consoles. Also I agree 100% with Dave the Video Game Critic and Rich from ReviewTechUSA about the Nintendo Switch being better then the PS4/Xbox One because of exclusives (Nintendo in house games), and it does not sufffer the annoying installs which would drive me mad! Also I am not a big fan of Western AAA games and prefer less demanding titles so the Nintendo Switch gets me coverd, and that is why I prefer it over the other two systems. Has nothing to do with liking the latest and the greatest. My favorite old video game console is the Sega Dreamcast which the Nintendo Switch is trying to bring back the fun in video games that we have not seen sense that console disband.

You can like waht you like, its all good - but you have also gone on at length about the previous generation was hampering this generation graphically with developers not wanting the versions to differ too much. You certainly sounded like someone far more into the latest and greatest graphics than cartoony platformers.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » December 22nd, 2017, 9:41 pm

Agreed my friend Scotland. I respect Sonic’s opinions. But he bounces back and forth so much I can never get what he really wants!

Return to “Video Games General”