NBA Action 94 Correction

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

NBA Action 94 Correction

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 1st, 2018, 1:06 pm

I got feedback from a reader informing me my NBA Action 95 (Genesis) review was incorrect. It's actually NBA Action 94 that I reviewed. Apparently NBA Action 95 has a strange overhead perspective that makes me want to try it.

That review was dated 2008 so it took 10 years to notice!

Stalvern

Re: NBA Action 94 Correction

Postby Stalvern » January 1st, 2018, 3:13 pm

If you're interested in other 16-bit basketball games with unusual perspectives, Konami's NBA Give 'n' Go on the SNES (based on their Run and Gun arcade game) might be worth checking out, although I don't know how rewarding it'll be. It's in pseudo-3D (but doesn't use Mode 7), with a nearly player-level POV that's set up right behind whoever has the ball and only faces the other team's court - good luck trying to play defense!

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » January 2nd, 2018, 1:42 pm

Stalvern wrote:If you're interested in other 16-bit basketball games with unusual perspectives, Konami's NBA Give 'n' Go on the SNES (based on their Run and Gun arcade game) might be worth checking out, although I don't know how rewarding it'll be. It's in pseudo-3D (but doesn't use Mode 7), with a nearly player-level POV that's set up right behind whoever has the ball and only faces the other team's court - good luck trying to play defense!

Sounds very similar to the perspective of NCAA Basketball for the SNES. Check out his review of it and see - and VGC gave that one a B-, so there might be hope for NBA Give n Go too. Never heard of NBA Give n Go, but sounds interesting. I did play NCAA Basketball a lot as a kid and always had fun with it. Probably been 20 years now since I last played it, and it looks terrible in screenshots, but the Critic's review gives me hope that I had good taste as a kid.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » January 2nd, 2018, 3:39 pm

I have NBA give n go, and it's pretty fun. It is tough to play defense; it can be disorienting, as the camera does not rotate when a change of possession occurs, like in modern sports games.

Return to “Review Feedback”