Games That Need Sequels Or Revivals?

General and high profile video game topics.
Stalvern

Re: Games That Need Sequels Or Revivals?

Postby Stalvern » January 9th, 2018, 8:13 pm

pacman000 wrote:How about Imagic's Dragonfire?

Speaking of Imagic, the lovely Fathom and Wing War could be fleshed out into some truly stunning games on modern hardware.

HawgWyld

Postby HawgWyld » January 9th, 2018, 10:41 pm

I would love to see a sequel to Skies of Arcadia. Heck, I'd buy an entire console just to play a sequel. I still fire up that old gem on my Dreamcast from time to time.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » January 10th, 2018, 12:12 am

TheBlondeGamePunk3 wrote:A new Shadow Man would be great, Having rediscovered the n64 game and it's sequel 2nd coming

This one may have been my favorite N64 game at the time. Quite odd that this was not well regarded, it did get ported to other consoles at the time.

JustLikeHeaven

Postby JustLikeHeaven » January 10th, 2018, 11:47 am

Alucard1191 wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a modernized Baldur's Gate 1+2. Maybe with a graphic style/interface similar to Dragon Age Origins. I would also love a traditional style Action Points Turn Based Fallout game like Fallout 1+2, or just a remake of Fallout 1+2.

Planescape Torment could use a remake/sequel as well in my opinion. I'm sensing a pattern with my answers.

You need to check out the recent spiritual successor's to these games:

Wasteland 2
Tides of Numenera
Divinity: Original Sin
Pillars of Eternity

While they all vary in quality, they manage to capture the essence of the old Baldur's Gate/Planscape Torment games. All of them are available on the PC, but have seen ports to the PS4 (and other consoles).

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 10th, 2018, 2:45 pm

I want them to bring back classic Donkey Kong Country, like on the SNES. I'm not a fan of the Wii and Wii U games. They're fun, but they don't feel like Donkey Kong Country to me, you know?

Alucard1191

Postby Alucard1191 » January 10th, 2018, 4:38 pm

JustLikeHeaven wrote:
Alucard1191 wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a modernized Baldur's Gate 1+2. Maybe with a graphic style/interface similar to Dragon Age Origins. I would also love a traditional style Action Points Turn Based Fallout game like Fallout 1+2, or just a remake of Fallout 1+2.

Planescape Torment could use a remake/sequel as well in my opinion. I'm sensing a pattern with my answers.

You need to check out the recent spiritual successor's to these games:

Wasteland 2
Tides of Numenera
Divinity: Original Sin
Pillars of Eternity

While they all vary in quality, they manage to capture the essence of the old Baldur's Gate/Planscape Torment games. All of them are available on the PC, but have seen ports to the PS4 (and other consoles).

Thanks, I'll look those up. Maybe one of them will have that magic. I followed the Never Winter series, played all the way through both 1+2 with the expansions, and while they had their high points, I don't feel that either of those is even in the same league as BG2 or planescape. (I recently fired up NWN 2, had lots of issues with the camera and just seeing around the map, and found the standard game exceptionally dull. The open world Yuan-Ti expansion was alright though, that was actually fun.)

Hopefully my junky 7 year old walmart computer can run at least 1 or 2 of those.

Alucard1191

Postby Alucard1191 » January 10th, 2018, 4:46 pm

Added note: Just spent some time looking up the minimum requirements for those 4 games... and my 1 GB RAM no video card POS computer can't run one of them. :/ I clearly need to start saving my pennies.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » January 10th, 2018, 10:18 pm

Alucard1191 wrote:1 GB RAM no video card

How many decades old is this thing?

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » January 11th, 2018, 12:29 am

newmodelarmy wrote:I would love to see a Mario Strikers on the Switch!

Hell yes! I agree with this wholeheartedly. It's been nearly 11 years since we've had a new Mario Strikers game, and that makes me sad, because Mario Strikers Charged is the best sports game I've ever played. And it could be even better. Being able to play it on the go would be wonderful, and they could add things like being able to change the weather, customizing characters, and customizing gameplay like making the ground slippery and making Bob-Ombs rain from the sky. I would love this to happen.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » January 11th, 2018, 1:11 am

Alucard1191 wrote:Added note: Just spent some time looking up the minimum requirements for those 4 games... and my 1 GB RAM no video card POS computer can't run one of them. :/ I clearly need to start saving my pennies.

Try build your own if you can, you will save a huge amount of money. PCPARTPICKER can help you pick and choose components and will crosscheck compatibility. You could build a very good PC for about $700 (that would plenty fine for gaming on an 1080p tv or monitor). If really on a budget, $400 could still build a very respectable PC that will play most games out there, if not all. You could even reuse your current chassis and save some pennies. It is not that hard to build your own and there are plenty of videos that take you through it.

I am a big fanboy right here of good old fashioned RPG's - be they turn based or action. Fallout 2 is one of my all time favorite games, and the aforementioned Divinity Original Sin and its sequel are fantastic. Divinity Original Sin 2 is easily one of the best games of the last 10 years for my money :D. Torment, Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny, Titan's Quest, Grim Dawn, all good stuff and well worth investing in a PC.

Return to “Video Games General”