Stuff that takes up room

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Stuff that takes up room

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 5th, 2018, 4:52 pm

I noticed I have a heck of a lot of light guns and they take up a heck of a lot of room. I have a huge box of them, and I have to hang that SNES bazooka-style controller on the wall! I should probably do a special of these controllers, rating them for comfort and accuracy. Good idea?

Anyway I'd like to hear your experiences with video game stuff that takes up too much room.

pacman000

Re: Stuff that takes up room

Postby pacman000 » March 5th, 2018, 5:49 pm

Great Idea!

I'd love to see a special on all controllers; not just light guns, perhaps culled from your system reviews.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » March 5th, 2018, 6:00 pm

No review of video game stuff can go without a special section on plastic musical instruments.

Does anyone other than me remember Virtual Guitar? It was awesome! You got to riff with Aerosmith long before Guitar Hero came out. Off the top of my head Samba de Amigo controllers were my gateway drug. Followed by Guitar Hero and then all the instruments from Rock Band.

Did anyone else pickup the plastic maracas for the Wii version of Samba de Amigo. I got two sets on clearance from Best Buy.
Man, did the Wii game blow monkey chunks.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting Xbox's Steel Battalion's giant behemoth of a game/controller.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » March 5th, 2018, 7:47 pm

Good idea. I've always had a strong affinity for the Stunner from the Sega Saturn... By the way, for storing light guns I actually use real gun accessories, and they work well. In my game room closet, I use a pistol rack for most of my light guns, and then I hang my Stunners on the closet wall with gun hooks. These are the ones I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QUIWBO

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M5CVZCU

As for stuff that takes up room for me...
Racing wheels are a big culprit. They take up a lot of space, and there is no good or easy way to store them. Console boxes are another problem. I must have around 25. As a collector it's nice to have boxes, but they also take up so much room. I display some of my favorites on the wall around my game room, but I'm at a loss as to what to do with the rest.

The biggest box ever, though, has got to be the box for the original Rock Band. The one that had all the instruments in it. Man that takes up a lot of room. Thank god that game was a huge seller, or else no retail store in their right mind would give the floor space for that thing. I kept my box for that and now it sits in my basement.. sucks if it ever gets wet, but there's nowhere else for it.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » March 5th, 2018, 7:49 pm

ActRaiser wrote:I'm still kicking myself for not getting Xbox's Steel Battalion's giant behemoth of a game/controller.

Yeah, the real issue with this thing is the box too. I used to have the box with mine, but then I sold it all off to a friend. Like 10 years later, I bought the controller back from the same kid! But, of course, he threw out the box during the time he had it. Oh well.. the controller itself sits on top of one of my shelves. If you have to store the controller, it's not too bad, because it comes apart into three pieces.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » March 6th, 2018, 4:59 am

Yes, the Sega Saturn steering wheel (including box) takes up quite some room.... Furthermore, I also own a Philip CD-i model 210. That thing is huge!

Herschie

Postby Herschie » March 7th, 2018, 3:40 pm

Trying to find room for a CRT, when you need the 4K TV for the PS4 Pro. And then trying to run it past my wife.

Return to “Video Games General”