Harry Potter Video Games

General and high profile video game topics.
matmico399

Harry Potter Video Games

Postby matmico399 » March 13th, 2018, 6:59 pm

I really enjoyed the Harry Potter films. They were very good. But my Girlfriend absolutely luvs them. And She enjoys gaming somewhat. What’s is the best Harry Potter game and on what console? This could be amazing. I’ve heard some are awful and some fantastic. Please weigh in.

Stalvern

Re: Harry Potter Video Games

Postby Stalvern » March 13th, 2018, 8:07 pm

I haven't played any of them, but the Metacritic scores show very clear demarcations of quality: The two Lego Harry Potter games (80 and 77) and The Chamber of Secrets (77, also praised by theenglishman) are at the top of the heap, both The Deathly Hallows games are buried at the bottom (30s and 40s), and everything else is stuck in the mid- or high 60s. I would look into the top three (or two, depending on how you want to count Lego Harry Potter) before trying any of the rest - although, depending on how much your girlfriend likes Quidditch, she might get more out of Quidditch World Cup than the critics did.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » March 13th, 2018, 8:14 pm

Yeah I did the same as Stalvern, but used Gamerankings (same concept as Metacritic). I'd agree with him 100%. Looks like the Lego games are the place to start, but that the Quidditch game might be an interesting change of pace. I actually think I bought that Quidditch game years ago to play with my younger sister, who was really into Harry Potter. I figured it'd be fun to play together, since she liked Harry Potter and I liked sports games.. but I don't remember if we ever ended up playing it.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » March 14th, 2018, 7:20 am

Thanks folks! :D

Voor

Postby Voor » November 1st, 2018, 9:05 pm

Good thread. Me and the kids are working our way through the movies, and I’d like to pick up a Wii game for them. Looks like the Lego versions are the safest bet.

Return to “Video Games General”