Game Gear Cartridge Organizer?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Game Gear Cartridge Organizer?

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 26th, 2018, 5:54 pm

A while ago somebody recommended using plastic baseball card sheets to hold Game Boy cartridges, and that seems to work pretty well.

Anybody have any ideas for organizing Game Gear cartridges? Apart from tossing in a drawer?

Retro STrife

Re: Game Gear Cartridge Organizer?

Postby Retro STrife » March 27th, 2018, 12:12 pm

Depends on whether your goal is more geared toward displaying too, or just purely storage. Personally, this is what I decided to use in my gameroom and I've really liked it:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BRU8R0

It has 3 tiers, and easily fits 9 Game Gear games on each tier (so, at least 27 games total). I use two of these side by side, to hold around 50 carts. Really easy to flip through games and pick the one you want. I think it's originally intended to be a spice rack, but I improvised and it was the best thing I found for my purposes.

By the way, for Game Boy games, rather than baseball card sheets, I prefer these trays:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BKODXMG

The games fit easily and allow you to flip through them.

The picture here is a sample of the trays I use, of all different sizes, and how the games look in them. As you'll see there, I also put other games in them, like Neo Geo Pocket, Tiger R-Zone, and Turbografx. I then put them on a shelf in these holders, so that they can be easily accessed when I need one.

IMG_5523.jpg
IMG_5523.jpg (118.25 KiB) Viewed 1803 times

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 27th, 2018, 4:16 pm

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. I may give some of these a try.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » March 27th, 2018, 4:44 pm

One nifty part about that spice rack (in addition to holding 25-30 games each) is that it looks pretty nice for display too, because the 3 tiers allow you to see a lot of games at once. The tiers also allow it to take up a lot of vertical space, so it works well when placed on a book shelf. Unfortunately I don't have a better close-up photo, but this gives an idea of how they look on a shelf when in use:

FullSizeRender -2.jpg
FullSizeRender -2.jpg (39.15 KiB) Viewed 1785 times

Return to “Classic Gaming”