2018/4/20: Dreamcast: Rush Rush Rally Racing DX, Rush Rush Rally Reloaded

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2018/4/20: Dreamcast: Rush Rush Rally Racing DX, Rush Rush Rally Reloaded

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 20th, 2018, 5:05 pm

In order to review Rush Rush Rally Reloaded I felt as if I had to re-review the original game, so here you are.
I bumped on the original grade from B to B+. Both games are pretty much the same.

CharlieR

Re: 2018/4/20: Dreamcast: Rush Rush Rally Racing DX, Rush Rush Rally Reloaded

Postby CharlieR » April 21st, 2018, 7:01 am

Great reviews. Top down racers are really fun, so will check out one of these games.

Also, if you are looking for an unexpectedly decent top down racer you may not have heard of, try karnaaj rally for gba. Cars can be upgraded, there are weapons, and the tracks are quick and fun. I guess with a name like karnaaj, maybe thought twice about it, with its copy-and-pasted cover art, but it’s a fun little game.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » April 21st, 2018, 4:45 pm

I never played them. They look decent games. The Dreamcast was such a great system. I have never forgiven Sega for dumping it 1 year after I bought it.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » April 21st, 2018, 6:42 pm

GameOfThrones wrote:I never played them. They look decent games. The Dreamcast was such a great system. I have never forgiven Sega for dumping it 1 year after I bought it.

I agree that it's shame it's been relegated to the dustbin of console history, but the Dreamcast continues to be a great console to this day. I still break mine out every now and again and think it's held up remarkably well!

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » April 22nd, 2018, 12:26 am

C64_Critic wrote:I agree that it's shame it's been relegated to the dustbin of console history

How so? It's practically a martyred saint among gamers, almost since the day it was discontinued.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » April 23rd, 2018, 5:05 am

Stalvern wrote:
C64_Critic wrote:I agree that it's shame it's been relegated to the dustbin of console history

How so? It's practically a martyred saint among gamers, almost since the day it was discontinued.

Not me. It is just a wasted opportunity. It was a much better console than the ps2. Right out of the box it worked and worked well.
Ps2 got better as time went on as they revised the console. So early consoles would not play later games.

Then it got cancelled.

I look at the reviews and see what might have been

I got the console for Code Veronica and Alien resurrection which was cancelled.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » April 23rd, 2018, 9:03 am

GameOfThrones wrote:
Stalvern wrote:How so? It's practically a martyred saint among gamers, almost since the day it was discontinued.

Not me.

Huh? A martyred saint is exactly representative of how you describe the Dreamcast. A holy man who was unjustly killed. A great console that was unjustly abandoned.

Unless you meant to quote the C64 Critic's "dustbin of console history" comment?

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » April 28th, 2018, 4:17 pm

Stalvern wrote:Unless you meant to quote the C64 Critic's "dustbin of console history" comment?

I think my comment may have been misconstrued; I love the Dreamcast, I think it was/is a great console that had/has a wonderful lineup of games. What I meant with my 'dustbin of history' was that it had a very limited production run compared to either the PS2 or the Xbox (it's competition, essentially), sold less than half the # of Xbox consoles and a mere fraction of the PS2, and thus far more gamers from the era were exposed to the Xbox and PS2 than the Dreamcast.

Naturally those of us that are fans have a great amount of love and reverence for it, but the fact remains it's a minor player in terms of sheer numbers when it comes to the history of gaming consoles overall. It just never developed the fan-base I think it truly deserves.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » April 28th, 2018, 5:07 pm

C64_Critic wrote:Naturally those of us that are fans have a great amount of love and reverence for it, but the fact remains it's a minor player in terms of sheer numbers when it comes to the history of gaming consoles overall. It just never developed the fan-base I think it truly deserves.

That's where I would disagree. It has developed far more of a fan base in the years since its discontinuation than it ever had while it was on the market. It's like Nikola Tesla - Edison had far more success when they were alive, but Tesla's the one that people won't shut up about today. (Nothing against the guy!)

Return to “Review Feedback”