Super Smash Bros Ultimate On Nintendo Switch (Spoilers!)

General and high profile video game topics.
TheBlondeGamePunk3

Super Smash Bros Ultimate On Nintendo Switch (Spoilers!)

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » June 12th, 2018, 1:06 pm

Well, It seems I was completely wrong about what it would be, I watched Nintendo's E3 video about Super Smash Bros Ultimate on my Wii U's Youtube and oh my lord have I have never seen such an amount of content in one game.. Please be advised this topic has SPOILERS so if you wish not to know ignore this topic but for those who wish to know what is coming.. Read on.

Apparently, For starters every character from Super Smash Bros, Super Smash Bros Melee, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Super Smash Bros For Wii U/3DS is coming back including:Young Link, Pichu, Solid Snake, Roy, and Wolf O'Donnel but the shocking thing for me? Was that we have three new fights:Inklings, Daisy, and Riddley from Metroid series.. I almost had a heart attack trying to contemplate all the info on screen. Unlike previous games, We start with the 12 classic characters like we did in Smash 64 but we can earn almost every character through smash mode or through event mode.

We will have every single stage from every Smash game so far along with HD versions of stages from Smash 64 and Melee, We will get various stages from all corners of the Nintendo universe along with HD versions of guest stages from third party characters such as Cloud and Mega Man.

Assist Trophies have more characters such as a cameo from Bomberman and more Generation 6 and 7 pokemon are coming to the "pokeball" item, In addition all items from every game along with elements from Brawl's story mode (Subspace) will be put into the solo mode (not sure how), And we will have special gamecube controllers for those who wish to play like you did with Brawl on the Wii.

I don't believe any other characters will be added as Sakurai shrugged after the announcement of Daisy, Inklings, and Riddley but I can tell there will be a few that'll be secret.. I'm sure of it.. Are you looking forwards to this game? 8-) 8-)

BanjoPickles

Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate On Nintendo Switch (Spoilers!)

Postby BanjoPickles » June 12th, 2018, 3:36 pm

Eh.

I’d be more excited if Nintendo wasn’t under the assumption that every Nintendo fan is a super fan of Smash Bros (I mean, I like it but I don’t know if I’ll buy it). Personally, I’m more jazzed for Daemon x Machina, which looks great!

I guess I’m growing bored with the constant, predictable diet of Nintendo fans’ demands. Zelda, Smash Bros, Mario, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Metroid. They’re great games/franchises, but I would much rather see either new games altogether (Splatoon was a breath of fresh air), or new installments to franchises that don’t see new releases every console cycle (Punch Out, F-Zero, Pilotwings, Wave Race, 1080, Startropics).

Nintendo devoted the vast majority of their time to one game, when they should have been dedicated to showing everybody that third parties are invested (after this E3, I’ve lost the hope that I had), and that They would have more than one major title this holiday to bank on (last year, they had what seemed to be one major title EVERY MONTH, from August onward).

Sony, by comparison, had a mix of previous announcements (Last of Us 2, which looks stellar, and a surprisingly-fun looking Spider-Man), and the Ghosts of Tsushima. They also had the first gameplay trailer for Death Standing, which piqued my interest. I would say that Sony won.

Nintendo could have done much more than they did. Actually, all of them underwhelmed.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 12th, 2018, 4:48 pm

BanjoPickles wrote:Eh.

I’d be more excited if Nintendo wasn’t under the assumption that every Nintendo fan is a super fan of Smash Bros (I mean, I like it but I don’t know if I’ll buy it). Personally, I’m more jazzed for Daemon x Machina, which looks great!

That Daemon x Machina game looks awesome! Developed on Unreal Engine 4 with mech designs from Shoji Kawamori (of Macross aka Robotech first 36 episodes, and Transformers G1 fame.) This game looks like a must have slam dunk!

As for Smash I am glad that Ice Climbers is back, and best of all this is the proper next gen Smash Bros game I have been waiting for now that they do not have to worry about the 3DS limitations!

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » June 12th, 2018, 9:48 pm

BanjoPickles wrote:Eh.

I guess I’m growing bored with the constant, predictable diet of Nintendo fans’ demands. Zelda, Smash Bros, Mario, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Metroid. They’re great games/franchises, but I would much rather see either new games altogether (Splatoon was a breath of fresh air), or new installments to franchises that don’t see new releases every console cycle (Punch Out, F-Zero, Pilotwings, Wave Race, 1080, Startropics).

Nintendo devoted the vast majority of their time to one game, when they should have been dedicated to showing everybody that third parties are invested (after this E3, I’ve lost the hope that I had), and that They would have more than one major title this holiday to bank on (last year, they had what seemed to be one major title EVERY MONTH, from August onward).

Sony, by comparison, had a mix of previous announcements (Last of Us 2, which looks stellar, and a surprisingly-fun looking Spider-Man), and the Ghosts of Tsushima. They also had the first gameplay trailer for Death Standing, which piqued my interest. I would say that Sony won.

Nintendo could have done much more than they did. Actually, all of them underwhelmed.

Eh. Honestly, I feel like MS had the best press conference, and they're my least favorite of the 3 devs.

TheBlondeGamePunk3

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » June 12th, 2018, 9:50 pm

Riddley was a shock to me, Because when I first thought of it when people thought he would be in Sm4sh for Wii U/3DS I didn't think it would work.. But seeing this "Resized" Riddley It makes perfect sense and he looks like an good enemy, My prediction is that Riddley could be a boss that will mark the first time that since Giga Bowser that we have an boss that we can play as (something I'd like to see).

Most that have watched the reveal have already jumped to one conclusion:This will be our final Smash Bros game.. I doubt it but It could be, I'm sure Sakurai will have more to say when it drops on December 7th 2018. :twisted: :twisted:

Voor

Postby Voor » June 12th, 2018, 10:11 pm

I enjoy smash very casually (haven’t played since Melee), but it has a VERY active competitive tournament community. Like, it’s crazy.

Nintendo seems to recognized this and made some gameplay changes that most fans are pleased with, and of course, they are going bonkers over all this content.

Personally, I’d be fine with 12 fighters and stages, but these days, people want more and more.

Melee is still considered the “best” smash, but with the above changes, Ultimate may be even better.

jimmy666

Postby jimmy666 » June 14th, 2018, 2:01 pm

The Super Smash Bros is an insane piece of game development. Really loved it with all the flavors of childhood attached to it coupled with a tinge of modernity. It was running brilliantly using an emulator on my HP laptop but now that I have bought my new MacBook, I am still unable to run it. I have already checked [moderator edit to remove url] who were helpless in this situation. Could anyone guide me in the process of running my good old Nintendo games via an emulator on my Apple device?

rockofhysteria

Postby rockofhysteria » June 15th, 2018, 1:44 pm

My wife and I pre ordered the game already the only bummer is that it won't come out till December but we definately can't wait to play this game :)

VicViper

Postby VicViper » June 16th, 2018, 2:51 pm

TheBlondeGamePunk3 wrote:Riddley was a shock to me, Because when I first thought of it when people thought he would be in Sm4sh for Wii U/3DS I didn't think it would work.. But seeing this "Resized" Riddley It makes perfect sense and he looks like an good enemy,

Speaking of "resized", as a sidenote, I never understood people saying that Ridley was too big to be in Smash.

Bowser changes size in all Mario games, sometimes he's like 2.5m tall, others he's 10m tall. In fact, Mario games as a whole are pretty confusing in terms of size proportions between characters.
Ganondorf, both incarnations got scaled down for Smash, and were like nearly twice as tall as Link in their games.
Olimar is freaking 2cm tall, in Smash he's pretty much a Hobbit.
Sonic is supposedly 1m tall, is always much smaller than human characters in his games, and yet is (almost) as tall as Mario in the Olympic Games and in Smash.

Smash never strived to be consistent with sizes and proportions, even related to their own games and characters from the same games.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » June 17th, 2018, 1:01 am

That always annoyed me too. Plus, how big was Ridley in the original Metroid? Maybe a head taller than Samus and hardly any wider.

Return to “Video Games General”