Atari VCS is a scam!

General and high profile video game topics.
Paul Campbell

Re: Atari VCS is a scam!

Postby Paul Campbell » June 11th, 2018, 9:40 am

GameOfThrones wrote:
Paul Campbell wrote:I lost interest in the whole "project" at least a year ago when someone pointed out that the guy running the whole show was the same guy who sold some insanely overpriced wristband that supposedly kept all your profiles and game saves on it so you could play on your friemds' consoles. In the end it was nothing more than a $100 thumb drive, and the delays were Neverending. I'm pretty sure a ton of people never got their wristband or their money. But it's been a while so...

Is that the Atari games watch? It was supposed to be delivered last September and even now nothing has been physical has been made or released.
They are now talking about refunds on the crowdfunding site.

It didn't look like that when I read about it, but who knows. Maybe they updated it to keep people happy. The one I saw didn't have a screen. It looked more like a simple rubber version of those slim FitBits that didn't have a screen on them.

strat

Postby strat » June 11th, 2018, 2:44 pm

A Linux box with built-in old licensed games and tacky, "nostalgia" motif isn't a scam. Trying to pass it off as a proper console is.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » June 11th, 2018, 6:27 pm

strat wrote:A Linux box with built-in old licensed games and tacky, "nostalgia" motif isn't a scam. Trying to pass it off as a proper console is.
There's a rumor that they don't have a working prototype yet. At the very least they haven't shown one. That's where the scam argument comes from.

My advise: don't fund this, and don't buy tickets on Pan Am in 1999. ;)

AtariToday

Postby AtariToday » June 12th, 2018, 1:38 pm

scam?! bah! They'll be releasing some killer info any minute now at E3...any...minute..now... :lol:

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 12th, 2018, 7:00 pm

BTW the upcoming Atari Flashback Classics comes with 50 more games then the Atari VCS Atari Vault and is physical. More reasons to pass on the Atari VCS scam!

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.as ... 608&Title=

Hardcore Sadism

Postby Hardcore Sadism » June 19th, 2018, 10:48 am

Apparently AtariVCS is backed by snowflakes who can't handle being called out for their BS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKjJix3PLMk

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 19th, 2018, 4:28 pm

Hardcore Sadism wrote:Apparently AtariVCS is backed by snowflakes who can't handle being called out for their BS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKjJix3PLMk

More red flags of the VCS!

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » June 19th, 2018, 8:12 pm

GameOfThrones wrote:Remember the Ouya?

rockofhysteria

Postby rockofhysteria » June 19th, 2018, 9:40 pm

The Mere fact that the Atari VCS people have resorted to using a Trump term of Fake News as their response to RGT85 pretty much confirms everything he said is correct.

djc

Postby djc » June 20th, 2018, 12:25 am

Gentlegamer wrote:
GameOfThrones wrote:Remember the Ouya?

Hey I like the Ouya. I have one set up in my office and it still works well. Of course, I rooted the thing and loaded Google Play store on it so I can get some actual decent games but I digress.

I think it was just marketed incorrectly.

Return to “Video Games General”